May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (Argo44, LGF, 1 invisible), 266 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,567
Posts546,413
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well,they charged me $7.95.So,they did not take me to a higher level.It appears that they need the FFL # if one is registering as a dealer.Therefore, my problem with the site is that it is slow and I cannot search

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: marklart
What's with the tiny pictures? What were they thinking?

You want to look at larger pictures? Just log in. Oh wait, my login information doesnt' work. Ok, I'll click on the nifty little link to have them send my login info. Oops, that doesn't work either as neither of my email address' are recognized.....

They really screwed up a nice website. I gave up even though an Ithaca Flues really had my interest. Or it would have if I could have looked at pictures or made anything work.

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

both bought and sold on there for years and now its useless.Have no clue what they where thinking but look like they are indeed done.

What is required to take advantage of this horrible situation and build another site that does what G/A used to do? It would seem some one with some tech knowledge like some of the posters here and some coin could take the market they had in no time and run it for a while collecting money and looking for a buyer and laugh all the way to the bank.
They have blown the business they had and seem to be digging a deeper hole.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

I may not be too bright, but do I need to register to buy and look there? I didn't before and I bought guns off of there. I don't mind registering, just trying to understand what they are attempting to do.

My computer skills are about one step ahead of solitare. However, I was able to navigate the old GA site, even bought a Purdey advertised there. After checking out the new and improved GA site, I find it totaly useless. Like many of us, my time is limited. I'm not going to waste it jumping through their hoops so I can't find what I'm looking for.

Dave

SEEMS TO ME GA'S NEW FORMAT MAKES YOU WONDER IF IT WAS DESIGNED BY:
TED KENNEDY
DIANE FEINSTEIN
SARAH BRADY OR
MR. SCHUMER

Sidelock
Sidelock

It sucks.
I checked my ads and the new default settingfs for listings show Free Shipping as standard until you load something else in. They converted all of my listings to Free SHipping (even though I list shipping in ads) what a pain and what a loss. They dont even have FOX as a selection under F!!!!!!!

Last edited by Brian; 01/11/07 10:13 PM.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Sidelock
Sidelock

Self-inflicted IT wounds are pretty common, usually cuts and scrapes, but this one may be fatal.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I was on it again today via high speed corporate connection.. The response time was still like molasses...but it at least completed the few functions that I asked of it...FYI- If you sign in with your account Id it does allow you to expand the tiny pictures to a size that you can see quite a bit of photo details....IMO- If they don't fix the response time for the average 'Joe' that has dial-up, they will be out of business in 3 months.........

Sidelock
Sidelock

If you were to write a bussiness plan of how to make a marginal internet site into a useless one, in a day, this would be the example that you would site often and directly. Since they have such small pictures, that are totally useless, they may as well not have them. The system is klunky, inflexable, slow, poorly concieved and executed. I think that the brain behind this was working at Remington for the last ten years. Only other company, that I have dealt with, that has an even poorer grasp of what people want and how to deliver it.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.