April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (bushveld, Ted Schefelbein, KY Jon, 1 invisible), 275 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,463
Posts545,044
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

How many mil on average are you taking out with your emery whirligig, J.C.?

I think the magic words are "piloted in the bore".

jack

CTroy Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I would like to thank all of you who have offered help and advice. I have ordered the adj reamer, 34" T-handle and 6 different size bore bushings. I will make the other bushings myself. All of your advice and warnings have been documented and I feel confident that the job will come out the way it's intended.
I won't be checking any posts any more as I no sooner get my request for no more sarcasm or criticism posted and some sneaky little ba stard like 'homeless joe' has to stick his unwelcome nose in. I'm actually sorry I started the f'n thread and yes I have a thin skin and that's because I can.
Thanks again C.Troy

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rabbit
How many mil on average are you taking out with your emery whirligig, J.C.?

Jack that is a trick question. wink Not a lot. When I saw it done no measuring instrument was used apart from a Galazan choke gauge. Later the gun was patterned to compare to previous choke. It worked out well. Maybe a lucky result like José's.

Granted, it is a rudimentary method and yes completely agree with the magic words.

JC

"...it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance." Charles Darwin
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Originally Posted By: JayCee
I should start off by stating that I strongly agree with Jim in that one can do with one's possessions whatever one wants.

Agreed...it's Jims gun to screw up if he wants to.

jOe, no screws involved. We are talking about fixed chokes here. Do pay attention!

JC

"...it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance." Charles Darwin
Sidelock
Sidelock

Actually I didn't mean to be critical of the centrifugal abrasive method. I think JL mentioned a long time back that he had successfully opened a choke eccentrically (more off one side and moron the other?) with a rattail file to move POI so anything is possible for those who have the skill and judgment to make it work. That "moron" thing came from proprietary bicycle tubing. Forget the feller who had this line of titanium pipes but it had "moron" the ends thus Moron tubing. But that "Walker" method of handling an unpiloted reamer ( Mike Orlen used to promote it with a little sidebar on his business site) seems especially iffy in the on-axis dept.

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks I needed that blush

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yeh joE, Annual Crankypants Day rolls around again and yOu are there. I like that line "I have a thin skin cause I can!" Saw one of the W&S712's you were talking about. Didn't look that bad; weird wood-on-wood buttplate.

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yeh joE, Annual Crankypants Day rolls around again and yOu are there. I like that line "I have a thin skin cause I can!" Saw one of the W&S712's you were talking about. Didn't look that bad; weird wood-on-wood buttplate.

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

I hate it when you repeat yerself.

Sidelock
Sidelock

joe: it's becoming clear now...were your chokes reamed a long time ago?

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.