March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (Jimmy W, ksauers1, mel5141, fallschirmjaeger, 2 invisible), 809 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,376
Posts544,025
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
PALUNC Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

What guns are really selling now? I have had several guns on various sites for sale and gotten few bites. I have priced them very fairly and still no takers. Is the economy really that bad that very few guns are being sold? I see guns on sites that have been there for way over a year.

Mike Proctor
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike, by the looks of it at the public shooting range paint all your guns black and call them the newest in assault rifles.

Sidelock
Sidelock

vintage s&w, colt revolvers,......military issue 1911 pistols.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Nice guns with the big names and lots of good, original condition seem to be moving OK.

Check out these lots from Bonham's March sale:

http://www.bonhams.com/cgi-bin/public.sh...SaleSectionNo=1

Those are solid prices for those guns. More than I expected to see.

I'm checking on last week's sale. I post what I find to my blog.

OWD

Last edited by obsessed-with-doubles; 07/24/10 08:39 AM.

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
pod Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

i think the guns of quality still sell as before this depression maybe not as many takers due to unemployment etc. we also bought some guns even if they were not our cup of tea because they were a good buy. take a look at gun broker and look at the large number for sale and the inflated prices that are asked. even just plain junk unsafe guns have telephone numbers for prices. good reasonably priced guns will always sell even if you dont need it junk will always be left behind and turn up on places like gun brokers waiting for the unweary and give the impression that the market for all guns is in decline. imop

Sidelock
Sidelock

In the last 2 years I have sold a few shotguns on Gunbroker and I can tell you that market is weak... definitely a buyers market. Here are some of the shotguns I sold. You decide on whether the prices are high or low or normal.

Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon II Sporting w/ 30" bbls___ $1800

AYA #2 Sidelock-Ejector 12ga___ $2500

AYA #56 Sidelock Ejector 20ga___ $3250

Beretta Orvis Uplander 20ga___ $1800

AA Sarriugarte Derby SLE 20ga.- $1850

Beretta 686 Onyx 28ga.___ $1250

Bernardelli Hammer Gun 20ga___ $1300

Grulla/UA Boxlock-Ejector 20ga.___ $1400

Another AYA #2 Sidelock 12ga___ $2400

Laurona 502 Feather Sidelock-Ejector 12ga.___ $1300

Adam

tut Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

From what I've seen good condition classic guns with lots of case and decent wood still bring good prices. I look at Foxes a lot because I like them. Bottom line however is that most of what is listed on Gunbroker or other sites is overprices and have been there forever. Lots of $500 guns are being priced at $800. $1,000 dollar guns are being priced at $1,500 (or more). Good guns still bring good prices.

Also, and I've said this before. No one wanted to look at Reserve priced items. Sellers need to understand they don't work. What I think happens most of the time is sellers put it out there at a high price and then wait for someone to contact them after the auction closes and negotiate a lesser price and sell it away from GB at a cheaper rate. Just the way the game is played. The smarter thing IMO is know what the market should be, start the bidding at 1 cent and let it ride. That's what an auction is supposed to be. I think for the most part some dealers have paid too much for guns and don't want to ever sell at a loss. Anyway, just one person's opinion whose wrong 50% of the time.

foxes rule
Sidelock
Sidelock

The part of the market that is soft in my experiance is the entry level stuff. The $500 to $1000 12ga boxlock extractor guns. Typicaly a guys 1st double. These are the cusomers that are hanging on to there money even if they have been unaffected by the economy. The customers that have been into double guns for years tend to be older and less affected by the down turn they know what they want and they are still buying.

Not a scientific survey just my experiance.

pod Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

adam: the quality of your guns and pricing will always have a strong following. you are obviosly a knowlageable dealer. there is just to many antique and junk dealers flooding the market with trash at unrealistic prices. no offence intended to any honest and ethical gun enthusiast whether a private collector or dealer. best regards

PALUNC Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Adam, I would say your prices are low compared to what I have seen a lot of your guns selling for. Now I do not know the specifics on each gun but the AYA 20 gauge #56 seemed real low.
I have listed a CSMC Fox CE Grdae a HJ Hussey a Stephen Grant and a Garbi on Gunbroker and gotten few intrest.

Mike Proctor
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.