March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Hammergun, welder, canvasback, Lloyd3, SKB, Owenjj3), 795 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

Model2128gauge, what's your point? The guy sells all guns he advertises, first time out, for reasonable prices. I don't care how he gets them, I just know that if I bid on them, I have a chance to buy them. With the gunbroker idiots, I have no chance.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lately I have been watching Gunrunner, http://www.gunrunnerauctions.com/index.cfm
They have no reserves and seem to sell a lot of guns at fair prices.
Bought a beautiful Remington 31-TC last week, at a local pawn shop. Brought it home and my wife didn't want it, so I guess I'll have to keep it, myself.

BTW, this has been a very interesting thread, to me. I hope the shotstring crap is almost over.

Last edited by Jim Legg; 07/26/10 11:35 AM.

> Jim Legg <

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: eightbore
Model2128gauge, what's your point? The guy sells all guns he advertises, first time out, for reasonable prices. I don't care how he gets them, I just know that if I bid on them, I have a chance to buy them. With the gunbroker idiots, I have no chance.

Very well put, I've been outbid more times than not and nothing I have an interest in ever shows back up.

One of the big problems IMO with online auctions like GunBroker is there are no fees if you do not sell your gun, no incentive for the seller to do anything. I think some guns have been on there for years.

MP Sadly Deceased as of 2/17/2014

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
"One of the big problems IMO with online auctions like GunBroker is there are no fees if you do not sell your gun, no incentive for the seller to do anything. I think some guns have been on there for years."

Michael:
I've pointed this out before but since some missed it I'll do so again. There's a seller on Gunbroker named "Sly. He has had the same mediocure and overpriced doubles listed there for years. I'm certain he's just one of many. This is why I rarely even look at and have almost never bought anything double related there.
BTW Michael I just noticed you have FOUR stars! With over 4000 posts; You must be the "Dudley Do Right" of Double guns! grin cool
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Winchester Model 12 and Model 1897 factory riot guns do well.

Original trench guns do better:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=179885822

Last edited by Bushmaster; 07/26/10 09:07 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gunrunner, Jackthedog, and number of other sellers are there to sell every gun in the auction. This is a vastly different approaach then many sellers(?) who really use the auctions as not much more than a medium to advertise. It is true that these sellers are usually working with consignment inventory but they also, to a limited degree, buy. I've followed these sites for a number of years, have been second best bidder a number of times and have been successful occaisonally. GR and JTD give adequate descriptions and if you speak to them on the phone will knowledgeably answer questions. They also ship quickly and do an excellent job of packing. This leads to a loyal buyer base and is why they are successful.

It is also why there offerings bring reasonable to very good prices. I'm sure many on this board are knowledgable buyers and as such can be a little jaded. That is to say, the only deals have to be good deals. GR just ran the estate of a guy whose interest was shotguns. It was a perfect example of how there guns perform. Almost everything was a good deal and almost nothing was a great deal. Well, there were a couple that I wish I'd stayed on.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Your last paragraph is a bit hard to follow, but the truth is that, if you have enough of an audience, no one gets screwed and all guns are sold. What could be better? As soon as you inject a limited audience, a reserve, or a higher than reasonable starting bid, people get screwed and not all the guns get sold.

pod Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

it appears to me the vast majority of guns on gun broker dont sell i would guess in the high 90% range. the knowledgable collector is no dummy. when you see hundreds of marteny henrys 577 etc 4 sale at ridiculas prices and no takers you would think the scalpers would get the message and there is an over abundance of them out there. [scalpers] jmoa

Sidelock
Sidelock

Eightbore,

Sorry if my thoughts were not presented clearly. The use of "jaded" was not in a negative sense but rather to reflect the level of caution that somebody, who has spent years educating himself, develops. I suspect that many here try to do a little better than a good buy. That allows one to dispose of a gun that does not fit their needs without having to find a retail buyer. If you can make a few bucks, it helps underwrite this horrible addiction.

I agree with your last statement with the exception of "people get screwed." If an item is misrepresented a buyer can "get screwed." If the item is fairly represented and the buyer pays too much, a relative term, than the buyer screws himself. Something we all have done!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I too have gotten about fed up with wasting my time scrolling through the same crap with outlandish reserve prices. I wonder if you could get ejected from these sites if you clicked on "Ask seller a question" in these auctions, and asked things like, "Dear Sir, I noticed that the reserve price on this gun is far above it's current market value... did you perhaps allow a hydrocephalic monkey to set the reserve?"

This would be lots of fun, especially on AuctionArms, where your questions are posted to the auction.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.