Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks, JDW - Yes, I've made up my mind that one at a time is next to impossibble, so I'm going to try both.

I'm more calmed down than last night, or rather , this morning at 2:30. Not only couldn't I get it right, but my tired efforts resulted in a small gash smack on the stock.

Things are more in perspective now. If I can do it, and I'm going to really try, then great! If I have to hand it over to someone else with experience in these matters, so be it.

One way or the other it will be fixed, and certainly before bird season in October! Actually I'll need it sooner than that to pattern it. See, I definitely plan on using this sweet thing when I chase birds with my dog. It's bound to pick up a lot more scratches and things I'd rather not have but - it's the nature of the beast. After all, we choose to use fine doubles, and just because this is such a superb shotgun in unbelieveably good original condition is all the more reason to take it into the woods and use it!

But I'm rambling. I know I still have to fix the damn ejector kickers first! I am retiring to my bed at a decent hour tonight. Maybe I'll check out the .......NO WAY! Good night JD

Last edited by Krakow Kid; 09/02/10 11:25 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

There is an relatively easy solution, and it generally works with most double guns. Lock it away in you Double Gun Memory and you may get someone in distress to buy a drink... Take the barrels off the action(not called a receiver), push the extractors all the way out, take the forend and put it in place on the barrels and latch it. Now take a piece of wood, or even the brass of a shell and one at a time push the extractors back into their recess in the barrels. This should recock the ejector tumblers. You should be able to take the forend off and re-assemble the gun. This can happen on a lot of guns, and some even let the ejector tumblers fire with the barrels off the gun.

Dennis Potter
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Dennis - This sounds almost too good to be true. I've been trying to push each tumbler back with the forend on a towel, tumbler side up and trying to force each one back. I can see this way working, but i think my problem is a combination of not having the right "dowel" (anything made of wood so as not to REALLY muck things up) and an inate reluctance to use all the force I can. The method you mention sounds like it definitely could work, but at the same time it seems like....something will bust! But the mechanical advantage you'de have pushing on the extractor would be much more than the way I'm going at it. Well, it's after midnight now, and I learned the hard way not to start fooling with things when you should be sleeping. I just might try this tomorrow. It DOES seem like an easier fix. Oh, rather than wood or brass, couldn't yo just use pressure from your thumb? Seems like there'd be more control somehow.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.