May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
10 members (buckstix, canvasback, DAM16SXS, MattH, Chantry, 1 invisible), 749 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,617
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#202043 09/07/10 10:48 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Does anyone here know what became or what will become of Mike Mc Intosh's guns? Will they be sent to auction? Inquiring minds want to know.

Best Regards, George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Okay I'll bite. Some of us are pretty sad to have recently lost a good friend. He obviously wasn't a friend of yours. He was a friend of mine and I find you post very offensive.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It never fails to happen when a collector passes...and saying that, those that wait a respectful amount of time before inquiring often find that the guns or whatever are gone.

tut Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think the family probably has other things on their minds at this particular time. I think in the fullness of time that information will be forthcoming. This reminds me of when a Great uncle of mine passed away who had been a coin collector for about 60 years. First thing out of some folks mouths were "When are they going to sell the coins?"

foxes rule
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Dear AA: Nothing offensive intended. I can't say that Mike was a friend of mine although I did meet him on one occasion and was very impressed with his knowledge and the mutual interests that we both held. I'm sure that his family is grieving over his loss. He left us too soon to be sure.I don't know in what financial condition his family was left. I do know that too many times when a collector passes the heirs and survivors are talked into disposing of the decedants collection much too cheap. RHD45 nailed it when he said "those that wait a respectful amount of time often find that the guns or whatever are gone". I have firsthand knowledge of two instances of valuable gun collections
being disposed of for a song (and no, I was not the buyer). In any event, when the time is right, some of us might want to own something to remember a prolific, gifted and terrific sporting writer.

Best Regards, George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

George, I think a vulture would have more class than you.
Michael is hardly cold and you are looking to make a buck.
If you were a gentleman, which plainly you are not, you would make extremely gentle enquiries of Michael's family after a suitable interval, which has not yet passed.
Mike Bonner

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'll bet someone has already inquired with the family about some of Mr. McIntosh's assets. When my brother-in-law, a large farmer, died my sister had inquiries at the calling hours about renting land. frown

Right, wrong or otherwise...if you snooze, you loose.

Boxlock
Boxlock

Neither snoozing nor losing nor countless examples of paths beaten to wreath-covered doors is the point.
I would suggest that Mr. McIntosh's friends are likely to be wide in number and experience and that the family will avail themselves of that experience in the form of advice to make the best "deal" for the family when the time is appropriate, concerning guns or any of the belongings that filled his Life.
Prior to the family making any decision, further inquiries will fall just slightly short of ambulance bumpers and good taste.
I further suggest that what is "right" is also clear.

Last edited by Ramble Past; 09/07/10 10:40 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

as the buzzards begin to circle...

Sidelock
Sidelock

It ain't like George needs them.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.