May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (Mike Harrell), 817 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,401
Members14,412
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Cabelas?.....They don't need a site; practically own Gunsinternational.

Don't sacrifice the future on the altar of today
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've purchased 8 shotguns from Cabela's Gun library in St. Louis, but none from their web site. I've been pleased with each one.

Some of their shotguns are indeed overpriced, but it is easy to just ignore those. In a few instances, I've bought guns that had lived in their showcase for a year or so, by offering a much lower price. After the sales person discussed it with their manager, they sometimes accepted my offer. As long as you do so politely, they don't seem to be offended by the lower bids. Sometime they accept, sometime they do not.

Most of the longgun Gun Library showcases in St. Louis are not locked, and one can easily examine the merchandise. The pistols are locked up.

One friend bought a used Guerini from the Gun Library, and the buttstock broke the first day it was fired. Cabela's sent it back to Guerini, and it returned with a new, and fancier, buttstock at no cost to my friend.

Another friend bought a high grade older American classic,and encountered a trigger problem. Cabela's tried to have it repaired locally, and that didn't work, so they refunded his money.

Generally, I have been quite happy dealing with the local Cabela's Gun Library, and think I've made several decent purchases.

Jerry Goldstein
St. Louis, MO

Sidelock
Sidelock

I never thought I'd hear that folks were rallying to preserve an endangered website configuration. crazy

Sidelock
Sidelock

hi, live within 100 mi. of the bass pro in harrisburg, pa. wife and i stopped to do some shopping. i headed for the gun library, fancy room, wainscoating, etc., now filled with cardboard boxes. talked to a salesman, asked what's up he says in feb. the big shots came in and closed it, no explanation. so much for that one. jeff

N Central PA
NRA Endowment
Sidelock
Sidelock

Cabela's

Please find a way to designate which guns are NEW. Make them the fist selections or mark them. As per my phone conversation with customer service I do not want to scroll through all the doubleguns to find the new ones. The old site is far superior to this new one. Guns America found out when they redid theirs. I now use Guns International most of the time.
I am a disappointed Cabela's Gun Library fan that has bought several guns from various locations.

Last edited by sowega 01; 10/06/10 07:39 PM.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Guys-

Keep the input coming.

I've heard that the site is in a stake of flux right now. Customer opinions may stand a chance of influencing the new site's look and features.

Someone is listening, so start talking.

Thanks

OWD

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hey Guys, ignoring EDH's usual arrogance, we should realize that there are a lot of people at Cabelas do know what they are talking about. The world does not revolve around Parkers, which many of us consider an overcomplicated-overpriced gun. There are lots of good doubles out there, many of them at Cabelas. I have bought and sold a lot of guns there, and have ALWAYS been treated fairly. I was in Cabelas, Sidney today, visiting with Tom Bryant, a good friend and shooting companion. Tom let me know that there are about 190,000 pics to be converted with thousand more being added all the time.....SO, give them some time, they will get it fixed. EDH? shop elsewhere....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well the search function is back. That is an improvement.

Pete

Sidelock
Sidelock

LD, you have sinned by insulting Parkers. Go to confession--immediately--or risk being struck by lightning. Or hit on the head by a falling Parker. smile

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ma Paa'ka might put him on his ignore list laugh

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.