March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (David Williamson, craigd, ChiefAmungum, bsteele, Dan R, Hammergun, 1 invisible), 332 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,984
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

It's a once a year occassion, the admittance fee equates to 4 beers here in England, it's an opportunity to see fine guns and fine people. Ray is a gentleman, an enthusiast and needs to be encouraged.
If Ray tried harder to address issues such as the trash cans and a better quality of food it would probably cost you more and you would [censored] more probably.
If the food is an issue take your own and meet up with friends for a picnic (English Tradition).
If the trash is an issue, be tidier take your litter with you and find a trash can.
I don't think Ray would find it too difficult to supply big trash bins outside the tents for the exhibitors and the visitors to empty their own trash.
Pintail Point is very nice but I am sure it wouldn't hurt to try different venues, perhaps upstate New York?
Change is as good as a rest, some say.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Don't know what the censored word was ( I didn't swear) so let's say moan, whine, or [censored].
Which ever word expresses your discontent.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ah! did it again. Didn't know a female dog was a swear word.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I love the Vintagers, but I hate driving around D.C. and over Rt. 50 and its headaches.

It's a 300 mile drive for me from these Western Virginia mountains - I-64 E; I-81 N; I-66 E; I-495; Rt. 50 E. Sounds simple, but the traffic jams make it maddening.

For some reason the >500 mile drive to Milbrook was less stressful.

I too noticed the fewer vendors. I'm a member of Vintagers, so exempt from the $20. I believe Ray is doing a good thing, and I support it with my dues.

Remember, Ray can't control the weather. Yeah it was hot, but I remember years of rain and hurricanes also. Despite the heat, I went away with a dandy Purdey double .303. Must have been a success for me!

The greatest pleasure is seeing the many friends and acquaintences I enjoy in this hobby. That's what motivates me to fight the traffic.

Here's a little report I posted on NitroExpress.com:

http://forums.nitroexpress.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=168544&an=0&page=0#Post168544

I didn't make the Southern SxS last April, but I think I'll make the effort next time. Besides, that's my old stomping ground - UNC Class of 1976!

Curl

EDM #204594 10/01/10 07:12 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I had a similar thought to Eightbore about the rumored 16 gauge Optimus. I was there at the Vintagers on Saturday and cruised all the tables. No Lefever Optimus on top of any table or in any display rack. It could have been under a table to show to select potential victims, who could be told that "knowledgeable Lefever collectors" had vouched for it. There were a number of knowledgeable Lefever collectors there and none of them saw it, so I don't know who was doing the vouching. If it was the real McCoy, why hide it under a table????

Rich
Sidelock
Sidelock

Salopian, wait a minute, where I drink $20 can get me totally pissed. Of course in your neck of the woods 12 quid will barely get a buzz on.
nial

Sidelock
Sidelock

Pete, I talked to Toby; said he hadn't seen you for a bit and that you had other irons in the consultancy fire. Toby has a good eye for the phyz as I said "Hello" and he said "Rabbit". Not so easy when you haven't seen the non-buying transatlantic pest for three yrs.!

jack

EDM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: salopian
Ah! did it again. Didn't know a female dog was a swear word.

Let me check this out: A female canine is correctly called a [censored], a male is a dog.

If this gets [censored], it is reminiscent of the Parker website censoring program that disallowed the reference to Dick Baldwin, then director of the ATA Hall of Fame Museum, and well-known author: He became known as **** Baldwin, yet when I tested the system with "dick-head" it was printed as such. Go figure!

In this context, Bob Bitchin is the well-know publisher of the sailing magazine, Latitudes and Attitudes. True!

I just previewed my post: [censored] is censored, Bitchin isn't: So, I guess you can be bitchin' about life and thats OK, but if life is a [censored], you're SOL. Let's see how it treats the anachronistic female canine name of slut, which [censored] replaced in the literature of dogs and hunting in the 1700s... The sex classifications at AKC shows are (or at least were when I was tuned in) "Dog" and "[censored]." Surprisingly we can get away with "butt" when referring to stocks. Investigation continues. EDM

EDM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't want to offend anyone, but I go to Gunshows within a 100 mile radis and don't see 1% of the double guns that I can look at when I go over to Pintail Point. Chantilly, Va. ($12.00) 1000 tables and I have to sort throught the Beef Jerky, roated nuts, Black Plactic guns, etc., there are maybe 40-50 tables with anything that interests me. Harrisburg, Pa., ($13.00, parking and gate) same story, same crap. I say that the Vintergs is a bargin.

Sidelock
Sidelock

CptCurl, I also seem to remember that the long trip to Millbrook was less stressful than the trip to Pintail Point, but I think I have the reason pinned down.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.