March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Dan R, Longknife, canvasback, j7l2, 2 invisible), 359 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,985
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
PeteM Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Just a short thanks to Ed M. I spent some hours yesterday with him on the farm. Got to see his collection of Parkers, talk about guns, walk some CRP with him and "Parker Dog". We ended the visit shooting some trap behind the barn. In all a very enjoyable time.

Pete

Boxlock
Boxlock

Nice Mooseabou above the barn door. Never seen one before, must be quite rare....

Tad
Sidelock
Sidelock

Anyone can tell that's a cariboose!
Nice longtailed rooster Pete!

Last edited by SDH-MT; 11/07/10 05:53 PM.
PeteM Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Well, ED shot the rooster, that is him carrying it. Parker Dog was busy at the moment. Though he did carry it into the house.

As for the skull. Ed confided that he has submitted it to Boone & Crockett. He is awaiting the official score. I thought it was a jackalope. Ed told me I was mistaken.

Pete

Sidelock
Sidelock

I thought Ed sold all of his Parkers and Parker related stuff a year ago? Guess I was wrong.

EDM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: DAM16SXS
I thought Ed sold all of his Parkers and Parker related stuff a year ago? Guess I was wrong.

I sold all the collector guns like the NIB Trojan and 98% cc VHE Skeet 20-bore. The AAH found a new owner at the Vintage Cup with the help of Ivory Beads. Most of the memorabilia and ephemera is in the hands of the next generation of double-gun people who appreciate such things.

The gun that I'm carrying is my 1927 GH 7 1/2-pound 12-bore "Old Reliable" with Miller SST, 30-inch F&F, straight grip, and Hawkins pad. I bought it from HC in the early 1990s and it has served me well. Another HC gun I still have is my 1936 VHE 6 pound 15 oz.12-bore Skeet for close-up work, and a 90% Trojan 12-bore for my son to use when he flies in from VA to bird hunt. And then there's the C-grade Parker SBT that was given to me two years ago by a retired doctor from out West who I have never met; he called and said that had my read books and he "...recognized the great passion I have for Parker guns, and wanted me to have it." Wow! This don't happen very often! Anyway, four Parkers are enough for me at this time of my life. They are not for sale; I expect to die owning them.

I'll be 70 in December; ParkerDog will be 10 in January (70 people years). We're getting long in tooth, which makes a day in the field chasing long-tails and breaking clays out behind the barn with a guest like PeteM even more special. Pete brought an interesting Meriden Aubury with chain Damascus barrels. Truth be told, we both scored more clays with my GH, but probably because of the "home field advantage." Wink! wink!

As to the Mooseaboo, it is not a carriboose. Notice that the moose antler is on the right side, a dead giveaway. A carriboose has the moose antler on the left. EDM

EDM
PeteM Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ed,

You are correct. That Aubrey just could not produce on a Parker field. So much for a shared heritage from Meriden, CT. grin

Pete

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for the clarification Ed. My goal also is to leave at least a few Parkers to my grandkids.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.