April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (SKB, Replacement, Ted Schefelbein, LeFusil, montenegrin), 398 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,147
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#209161 12/11/10 02:32 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I am having a custom made Ziegenhahn und Sohn (Zella Mehlis) 16 ga sxs made for me. I will travel there in January (I live in Bavaria) to be fitted, select the wood and go over engraving details. I believe the barrels are already complete (Merkel) but will know more in Jan. I can't wait and will post when I return with updates.

Scotty
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I'm heading to Zella Mehlis on Friday 7 Jan to meet with Herr Ziegenhahn. The barrels and receiver are made, so I will choose the wood, get fitted, and discuss engraving and checkering. I can't wait!

Scotty
Sidelock
Sidelock

You are quite fortunate. From what I can gather, Krieghoff has Zeigenhahn making its side by sides and part of the deal is that Ziegenhahn will not sell to U.S. customers directly, at least not side by sides.

Please provide photos. They really are beautiful guns.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I had a great visit with Jens Ziegenhahn today at his gun shop in Zella-Mehlis. We spent most of the morning going over engraving ideas, and he photocopied some examples from books I brought. Then we picked the wood; he selected about 8 blanks for me to choose from, and I tabbed one that I hope will have great marbleing. The Turkish blank is air-dried and big enough to supply both the stock and splenter forearm.
Then we measured me for stock dimensions. Jens took an Essentia sidelock off the shelf to determine my LOP, cast and drop at comb and heel. Not a bad try gun! My LOP was 370 mm, or 14.5 inches, with my favorite coat and vest on for proper fit.
The checkering will be 26 LPI, in a diamond pattern, where uncut portions within the checkering make a diamond shape.
Of course, my camera battery was dead, but Jens took some photos and will send them to me. I got to see my roughed barrels, made by Merkel in Suhl about 5 kilometers away. The barrels are 28 inch, choked 1/2 and Full, and are ready to be polished and blued.
I will post pics when I can.
Scotty

Scotty
Sidelock
Sidelock

We're waiting with baited breath.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I am waiting on the pics to be emailed to me...patience is a virtue I am told so I wait pateintly..

Scotty
Sidelock
Sidelock

Scotty,
I must go on a UK assignment to the Birmingham area for the next 2 years so it looks like I will not see the finished article, shame.
best regards
Martin

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Martin, are you available for a pint or two before you depart? I would like to shoot the breeze with you. At least in B'ham you can visit many fine gun manyfactures.

Scotty
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Here are the pics from my trip to Ziegenhahn und Sohn in Zela-Mehlis Germany. These are my 16 gauge barrels in the rough, and the Turkish walnut I selected for the stock and the splinter forearm. My engraving requests have spiked the price a bit so I am waiting to here what the final cost will be.

Scotty

Scotty
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bugger,
I left on the 18th to take some pals pigeon shooting near Dover UK. I ended up getting a total of 6500 acres to shoot over now.
Sorry I missed you.
Martin

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.