April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Jtplumb), 1,119 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,142
Members14,409
Most Online1,299
Apr 26th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

RMC

I did bring them back to have a few to mount. Have a harli, teal and a pair of pacific eider that have been mounted. Also on the trip, we took a fairly good number of ptarmigan and a couple caribou to eat as well. Will have to post pics of those too.

The dog question is easy. Alaska Air is the hunter's best friend. They fly dogs for a flat rate of $100. And they do an awesome job. They always treat us well. That dog in the pictures is HRCH UH Clipper's Dakota Hunter - "Dakota". Also, AK Air flies 100 lb boxes of meat at checked bag price. Flew 400 lbs of meat home for $200. Not bad considering what other airlines charge. I love AK Air!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Teal mounted from the trip...

Bull caribou... (We were there in about two months ago now. The bulls had already lost their antlers.)

First day ptarmigan hunt - 28 in a day. A record for us but the dog helps a lot out there.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Joe-

We took a rig of all cork and wood birds as well as hand made silos. The silos in the picture are floating on a V board. Can't find duck silos that we like so we make our own. We also use V boards to float commercial made geese silos that are readily available.

My partner and I's plastic company makes and sells the V boards that the silos go on as well as a land based model.

There are free patterns for the silos and more information on the V boards on our website. www.sittingducks-ltd.com

Here are some on the Bering Sea while hunting for Pacific Eider.

Fuzzy picture of one batch of harli decoys.

Last edited by Coryreb; 01/25/11 01:05 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig,

I'd always wanted to hunt with Ken as well but he'd not gunned for years and years even when I knew him in the mid-80's. He'd been a guide at one time and actually gave advertised calling lessons at the club he worked for.

I've got one of his very early goose calls without the name branded on it and the extra large bell mouthpiece. It's the earliest semi-commercial type. The only thing earlier is a straight barrel goose call made from cedar he did when he first got started and just gave to friends. I only know of one of those, have been hunting one for ages to add to the collection.

Destry

Out there at the crossroads molding the devil's bullets. - Tom Waits
Sidelock
Sidelock

Tudurgs, and then came the Wildlife & Countryside Act and goosanders got protection in Scotland. As a result they multiplied and spread south and now they are a pest in England. I am semi retired but work part time as a Riverkeeper; that is I look after the fishing interests and ecology of a section of the River Dove in England for the land owner, the same river made famous by Izaak Walton but I look after the section below where he mainly fished. As a result I can get a special licese to cull them from 1st. September through to 15th. April. Pity they are inedible! Lagopus.....

Hal
Unregistered
Hal
Unregistered

Pic from a couple years ago. I don't use the forearm on that Western Field 12 ga when hunting waterfowl....just collects water underneath.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Great Looking Teal mount Cory.

tunes

"It's a good day for something"
Sidelock
Sidelock

The frozen tundra of East Rockaway, NY last Saturday, 1/22/11. The black ducks wouldn't come near us but it was a good day for Canada Geese and brant.

We're less than 2 miles for the NYC line. Every so often I would think I was catching a glimpse of a goose in the corner of my eye but when I turned my head it was a jet landing at JFK.

I'm holding a Stoeger 12ga.

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
RMC #215057 01/27/11 08:14 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: RMC
Great pics all, keep'em coming.

FishnFowler,Where are your kids photos? Didn't you post a year or so with your kids and their turkeys? Also, give us a name for your dog. He's an important part of the hunt team.

All too glad to post pics of the kids. That was me with the kids all limited out on turkeys with double guns. Here is the oldest boy with his first goose, his gun isn't in the picture, but it is a Savage 330 that both my Father and I shot. He took this goose with 3/4oz of #5 nice shot at 1300 fps and about 20 yards out. The chessie is "Copper," and she is a hunting machine. There is a pic of her with the same goose, it isn't very good, but you can see she doesn't let something like a goose get in the way of a retrieve.

Here is that same boy with his first grouse earlier in the same day, here he has his savage in the pic, (not a duck pic, but couldn't resist).

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just got home from Arkansas last night and brought a few pics, as promised.

Wednesday mornings' results, 7 limits of mallards and 5 others

My Arkansas buddies

And my grandson with a few blackjacks in Jawja

all my best, Stan

Last edited by Stan; 01/28/11 09:36 PM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.