May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (DSchrank, Guy Ave, susjwp, skeettx), 371 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,499
Posts545,465
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#217885 02/15/11 05:43 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I think the normal board-forum has a 90% lurkers with 10% doing most if not all the posting.

If there is anyone watching this forum under the age of 21 please introduce yourself and tell us about your interest. If you watched for a while you know there is little flaming or other BS here. The first one (under 21) that post I will send a signed copy of my book to, if your interested in the classic custom rifles.

If you're over 21 please join the fun as well.

We all learn from one another, please be a part of that.

MP Sadly Deceased as of 2/17/2014

Sidelock
Sidelock

Michael, I'm often told I still behave like a juvenile. Does that count? wink

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: BrentD
Michael, I'm often told I still behave like a juvenile. Does that count? wink

Yes, I'll send you a picture of my book.

LRF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Unfortunately, many of us would like to quick tell our children to write in...alas our kids are too old to qualify. frown ( and not by just a little I might add)

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: LRF
Unfortunately, many of us would like to quick tell our children to write in...alas our kids are too old to qualify. frown ( and not by just a little I might add)

smile smile

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Fat chance, Michael. You're doing the same thing I am, looking for a receptacle for your research file. Let me know if you come up with any new plans. Bill Murphy

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yeah, it really sucks to read,study,research,etc, and not have anyone close to you interested in all that you have accumulated as far as books,catalogs,etc goes.That is why I am selling off what I can and keeping just what I think I might need of the really technical stuff.I've been keeping a journal also of contacts and anecdotes that might give my heirs a laugh.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: eightbore
Fat chance, Michael. You're doing the same thing I am, looking for a receptacle for your research file. Let me know if you come up with any new plans. Bill Murphy

Bill,

Not really, just trying to see if we have any younger folks interested in the same things we are.

I've talked with the head of the McCracken Research Library in Cody, WY and have decided that everything will go there.
http://www.bbhc.org/mccracken/

Years ago I had decided on the ASSRA Archives but with Rudi leaving plus other reasons left alone they are out.

Next was the Rifled Arms Historical Association. A good idea but nothing is happening with them so an unknown future.

http://watchdog.net/ein/223518352/rifled-arms-historical-association

Sidelock
Sidelock

I am 28, I guess I might be the closest? It's a little disturbing actually. Who is going to fight for the sport we all love when you fellars get over the big hill? I regularly promote shooting of any kind to younger people and have a 4 year old who is interested, best part she's a she! All 3 of my children will hopefully have interest.

As a side note for the "lurking" I try to keep quiet when I don't know what I'm talking about. I watch this particular part of the forum because I have always had a classic sporter on the back burner for a project. I may try a build myself and use a Krag, or possibly a K98. I have always loved the lines of the Mannlicher rifles, and have coveted one for some time. So maybe my first "sporter" will be a K98 in Mannlicher style.

There Mr. Petrov, may I get a picture of your book?

Double guns and English Setters
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm 79 and I consider that young.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.