April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Chad Linder, SKB, montenegrin, Roundsworth, Ian Forrester), 1,164 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,146
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 18 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 17 18
Sidelock
Sidelock

The Lenz book has a diagram of how to modify a Krag military stock. All you need is patience. (VBG)

My late friend Jim Hogan installed a "through the stock" barrel band and sling swivel on my Bannerman Krag sporter about 10 years ago. I seem to remember that I sent a check to Brownell's for the parts.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have Hart kits as installed on a couple of Krags and it was rather more than a quick do it yourself job. I am not at home and can't look at the rifles to be specific but some metalwork was required. Also, the magazine door is a stamping and the conversion is really not suitable for an absolutly top grade sporter. I do have a Hart sporterizaed military riflewith a cut down stockand a Lyman 1A cantelivered out behind the cocking piece on two struts screwed to the bolt sleeve. This rifle has a machined magazine door which is quite elegant. I have guessed that this preceded the kit offering. There is plenty of provenance paperwork proving the whole rig is Hart.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm loathe to mention it since I no longer own the rifle, but I had a Krag sporter which had been altered to a three shot design (two in the magazine + one up the spout), the side door having been totally eradicated. The stock flowed seamlessly over where the magazine box would be. The design was exquisite, utilizing the original follower and spring, and functioned flawlessly- cartridges being loaded into the magazine down from the top. The whole rig screamed Sedgely due to the stock design, but with no markings on it I couldn't be sure.

Last edited by Gary D.; 02/21/11 03:38 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: mkbenenson
I have Hart kits as installed on a couple of Krags and it was rather more than a quick do it yourself job. I am not at home and can't look at the rifles to be specific but some metalwork was required. Also, the magazine door is a stamping and the conversion is really not suitable for an absolutly top grade sporter. I do have a Hart sporterizaed military riflewith a cut down stockand a Lyman 1A cantelivered out behind the cocking piece on two struts screwed to the bolt sleeve. This rifle has a machined magazine door which is quite elegant. I have guessed that this preceded the kit offering. There is plenty of provenance paperwork proving the whole rig is Hart.

Would love to see a pic of this rifle if possible mark. I've seen a Krag with the Hart conversion and it was the rather cheap looking stamped affair.

John

Sidelock
Sidelock

MP Sadly Deceased as of 2/17/2014

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sidelock
Sidelock

What the...? I wonder if the floor plate is functional somehow. 'Twould almost be worth $300 to find out just what's going on with it!

Sidelock
Sidelock

It looks like a 54-Winchester carbine stock and floor-plate to me.

A KragChester if you will....;-) With the wood gone under the floor plate can't be a lot holding it together. I agree, it Would be fun to look it over

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Finally got images for the .35 Krag round. It really resembles a .35 Whelen made on the .30-40 case. I would post a pic if I could figure out how. Anybody got a line on classic Krag wood?

Sidelock
Sidelock

For Waterman,

Page 7 of 18 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.