May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Ted Schefelbein, bushveld, LGF, 1 invisible), 364 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,517
Posts545,694
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Well, Martin, you'll have to make it up to me by taking me to Dover next time! Are you still in the UK?

Scotty
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Well, the engraving I desire will cost an extra 800 Euro, and the drawings that accompany them, 200 Euro. But that allows me to see the drawing first, make any changes, and then keep the drawings for my records. And part of the satisfaction of having a bespoke gun is helping direct it's manufacture, is it not? So I will save my pennys and pay the extra cost.
The opening lever will have a "Texas Star" engraved on both side (thumb part) and I will have a compass rose(N-S-E-W) on the bottom integrated into a screw head, to relect my job as a Navigator, and that it was bought in Germany by an American. Game scenes will have my dog one one side and flushing pheasants on the other. This is a boxlock with false sideplates. Those sidelock pins just get in the way of a good metal canvas anyway... smile

Scotty
Sidelock
Sidelock

Scotty,
No sweat if you are up for it. You will need from your german hunting insurance company a statement in english that you are insured worldwide. This is a no brainer and they will send it to you in 3-5 working days free of charge.
I am planning on being every other weekend in Dover to hammer the pigeons as it is only a 3 hour drive from my office. I have a bunch of sxs and o/u guns stored there so there is no hassle with gun importing to the UK, just use one of mine that fits best your shape (Texan so 8 feet tall, hmmm).
I am in Kemnathen/Breitenbrunn from 04th late evening till the 08th evening of March to visit with my wife if you want to meet up at our pub in the village for a wet one.
Please PM me for my phone number.
Driving from Hohenfels to Calais should take you 10-11 hours plus 2 hours on the ferry and then I am 1 mile from the harbour or another idea could you hitch a roundtrip ride to somewhere that the US is based in Oxfordshire, UK with the USAF as I will be able to drive down the M40 passing thru Oxfordshire to London so I could pick you up there?
Regards
Martin

Last edited by bavarianbrit; 02/21/11 09:35 AM.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Martin, I hunt in Staadorf, very near to Breitenbrunn. Now the odd part is, I plan on being in Liege, Belgium on 4 March to visit the Browning Custom Shop. I am going to the base at Geilenkirchen for a visit, then over to Liege. If you were home in the UK, I could drive to Calais and take the ferry, but it sounds like you're in Bavaria that weekend. I need to contact the Browning sales rep to see if 4 March works for him, if not, I can adjust my dates somewhat.
Ideas?

Scotty
Sidelock
Sidelock

Scotty, I am taking the evening flight UK to Munich on 4th March then returning on am on 9th March.
My good buddy wants to also come over to the UK for some pigeon so we are looking at the beginning of April for him. Of course it all depends how they are flighting which is where driving is good as we can react more quickly if they are on the crops (I have a gamekeeper who I call check with as he is every day scouting the fields, he shot 5400 bunnies last year) So we could discuss it by phone first eh!
Martin

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Martin, we will have to settle on a future date, maybe late April. How long is the season?
I would like to meet up for a pint or two at your local pub while you're here in Parsburg. I'll PM you my email and phone.

Scotty
Sidelock
Sidelock

Scotty, The season is all year round due to a general license issued by the UK authorities there are just better times sometimes to shoot as they are coming in droves when seed drilling or after harvest when the surplus lies on the fields or during hard winters when there is little to eat so they flock up to search out food.
Pints OK with me. Martin

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

OK! Let me get my world-wide Insurance form and we'll plan a shoot. I have always wanted to hunt in the UK! Call me after Sun 6 Mar for a pint.

Scotty
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I saw and talked with Jens Ziegenhahn at IWA in Nurnburg last weekend. Great to see him and talk about progress on my gun.
IWA was great, and I found a boot company I like, Diotto of Italy. I was on a biz trip to Aviano, Italy this week, stopped by the factory and purchased a brand new pair of Diotto No-Scratch boots for 190 Euro...got a factory tour and everything. Amazing what you can get if you just ask!

Scotty
Sidelock
Sidelock

No Dak Scotty - I am very curious to hear about this, as I am trying to learn more about this company. I came across them while looking into Chapuis Armes. Heirloom Armes, which sells Chapuis, also represents Ziegenhahn in the US. They show a round action model made by Ziegenhahn on their website - not round body like the CSMC RBLs but a true round action like a Dickinson - which has caught my eye.

Thanks, Doverham

Last edited by Doverham; 04/28/11 09:02 AM.

Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there.
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.