March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (NCTarheel, Marc Ret, Lloyd3, Ted Schefelbein, 2 invisible), 338 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,003
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

The insurance I have on my gun collection covers guns being sent to me or guns I ship. There is a $2000.00 deductable,so I do have to insure for that amount.I would imagine some more expensive plans may have no deductable allowing some sellers to ship for less.
dave

Sidelock
Sidelock

Eightbore, the only way I can see that Fedx rate is a discount commercial rate. Sure can not get a rate quote on their web site using CT to AL zipcodes and a declared value of a grand. You mileage may vary as they say.

Brian Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

FEDEX and UPS will not pay over $1000.00 claim on a gun no matter what you have it insured for through them. its right in their rules. Dont believe me, look it up.
Thats why i use uSPS. And they have never lost or damaged a package on me. I cant say that for either UPS or FEDEX.

Buyers. look at the feedback of the person you are buying form. BEFORE YOU BID.
It isnt always the ebst way to judge but it gives you a good idea. And read it. some of the negative feedback posted is pure BS as it relates to both buyers and sellers!!!

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

ben-t
Unregistered
ben-t
Unregistered

I always use the USPS because there are many offices in a relatively short distance, they seem less expensive than UPS or FEDEX, they suggest the least expensive way to ship, they don't want to know what is in the box except if hazardous or spoilable, and, and I may not be right on this, but if something gets monkeyed with they have guys & girls with badges, guns and warrants to look into it. I also ask for payment by USPS money order. Just me and one of the few thinks I like about the Federal government.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Brian:

You said its right in there regulations tht they do not pay a clain over $1000. I can not find this where do you see it. Is it on their website?

John

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

If you want insight into UPS and their insurance scam do a search for the company they have farmed it out to "Crawford".

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Pertaining to Markethunters question......Only Fed-Ex Ground has that low of a rate. Fed-Ex Ground is an independant company from Fed-Ex Express and was a non-union shop(last I heard). All drivers are self employed BUT accountable to the Fed Ex system in TN. This lowers the cost of doing business....thus lower rates.

FWIW...my postmaster tells me they are not allowed, by Law, to charge less than other carriers for the same package service. I don't have written confirmation...she has not steered me wrong in 10 years and I tend to believe her.

Dennis Earl Smith/Benefactor Life NRA, ACGG Professional member
Sidelock
Sidelock

Brian

Where did you read this?

Tell me so I can go look

John Boyd

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
tut Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Figures I'd be late to the party. My shipping rates (I sell on Gunbroker) is in two categories, lower 48 and Alaska, Hawaii. I used to charge $30 and $40 respectively. I recently upped that to $40 and $50 (because I was losing money) and that is USPS Registered Mail insured for the full amount because they take better care of the gun when its sent registered no doubt. It also allows me to track it on line and know when its delivered. I could no doubt ship it regular slow mail USPS and insured, but I just like the security of Registered Mail and so do the folks I've shipped to. PS. If I was shipping a lighter gun, ( 5 lb .22 rifle for example) I drop my rates by $5.00 because it costs me less. FWIW, If I ship to California I almost always lose on the shipping by a few bucks. If I ship to Pa, I'm ahead a bit. this isn't an exact science for shipping. Over here at USPS, the rates are based not only on weight, but on the size of the package as well as where its being shipped to. Too much to figure out in my little pea brain so I try to keep things simple. If anyone wants to know my posting name on GB, send me a PM and I'll provide it to you.

foxes rule
Sidelock
Sidelock

I guess I've always been lucking because I never had a negative experience selling guns online.... UNTIL JUST A COUPLE DAYS AGO.

Earlier this week, I sold a hammer gun on Gunbroker to a buyer that had never dealt online before (no feedback). We spoke and emailed several times and everything was going just fine. Then, out of the blue, I get a call from the buyer saying he's going to back out of the deal because he was "worried" about a few things. His first complaint was that I was't a dealer. I never claimed to be one so I don't know why he assumed that in the first place. I guess that 100% positive feedback means nothing and that an FFL would have made me a more "legitimate" seller. Second, he complained that I requested the FFL license copy be emailed (even though I told him a faxed copy was fine). For some reason unknown to me, that "scared" him. He was also worried by the fact that I sent him my mailing address for him to send payment to. He wanted my physical address so he could have my "real" address.... but he never asked for it nor did he need to. Had he cared to look, he would have found my street address on the Gunbroker site.

It's irritating that some people come up with some many dumb reasons to back out of a deal. If you don't want the gun, save the stupid excuses, and just say so.

Adam

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.