March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (Ken Nelson, Jimmy W, canvasback, Marc Ret, Licensed to kill, John E), 296 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,993
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I just need to blow off some steam here! I just finished terminating a possible deal with another member of this forum on 100 year old SxS shotgun. However, they refuse to handle the transaction apart from it being an FFL dealer to FFL dealer shipment.
I am a C&R holder and they refuse to ship it to me! And thier FFL refuses to do so as well!
This is why I got my C&R. To avoid having to pay transfer fees on guns that are of my personal interest (old SxS's).

He stated that if he can't do it for free than neither should I. Well... yes I do, because I aquired my license through ATF and it gives me the right to receive them into my collection without having to go through a dealer.

This whole situation is like telling someone that they cannot drive on the road even though they passed the road test and got the license.

I am sure that many of the other members have dealt with similar issues before too.

B.Dudley
Boxlock
Boxlock

You see this from time to time on Gunbroker offerings. I suspect half the time it is a combination of ignorance and an over abundance of caution and the other half it's an ffl feeling that a brother ffl is getting screwed out of a fee. The really, really stupid one is the ffl who doesn't want to accept delivery from a non-ffl. Irritating but they can do it any way they choose and I choose not to deal with them.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Plenty of FFL's either don't know the rules, or just make them up as they go.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Replacement
Plenty of FFL's either don't know the rules, or just make them up as they go.

You've got that right! I have found that some of them(FFL holders) will tell a potential seller anything in order to avoid losing a fee even though they are not needed in the deal. I lost out on a couple of C&R eligible guns last year because the seller refused to ship them to me with my C&R license even though it was perfectly legal because a dealer told him otherwise. This dealer wanted $100 per gun to ship them to me and at that point I told him to stuff it.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Cabelas in Mitchell told me they wouldn't give me a gun with my C&R one year. No sweat. They are the ones missing out on business. If they are so ignorant as to not know or not recognize the law that authorizes C&R sales, they should loose the business of a C&R licencee. I won't deal with anyone that doesn't recognize my C&R even though I could use a local FFL.

It's just a hobby to me, but it's a livelyhood to them.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lots of 01 FFL's have no clue,and they forget that a C&R is indeed a FFL as well (03) !!

Name that member that gave ya the run around B Dudley,if its 100 years old its an antique !

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

I just can't believe that anyone who posts here or even just reads this board would have any problem at all with a federal CC&R licensee. If that is truly his problem, his education is lacking and he needs to tend to it ASAP.

Boxlock
Boxlock

Ask before you make an offer. Pay attention to where the seller resides. It is my understanding the Peoples Republic of New Jersey does not recognize the C&R.

Sidelock
Sidelock

"Name that member that gave ya the run around B Dudley,if its 100 years old its an antique !"

I believe the law states for an antique gun to be free of any licensing it has to be before 1899, therefore a 100 year old gun is still under license from FFL. To be eligible for a C&R the gun has to be 50 years.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: JDW
"Name that member that gave ya the run around B Dudley,if its 100 years old its an antique !"

I believe the law states for an antique gun to be free of any licensing it has to be before 1899, therefore a 100 year old gun is still under license from FFL. To be eligible for a C&R the gun has to be 50 years.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.