April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Fudd, DaveB, Researcher, Mark II, 1 invisible), 450 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,473
Posts545,160
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
Sidelock
Sidelock

You all are of course correct,just because its 100 years old does not qualify it for antique,I should have added "could be" before antique.1898 or before is antique,non gun.

To member Dudley's issue with reddhott2 (BTW nice to see someone name names when they have been wrongly treated).

Why does the seller,reddhott,need a FFL to ship the buyer a gun when the buyer has a FFL that all that required !
No need for the "my FFL will not accept your C&R (FFL)" to even be a factor !

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

We are only hearing here one side of the story and it would be nice if mr. redhott would post with his version. I question still why someone advertissing here as BMD gunstocks doesn't have a 01 FFl as is required to do stock work when the gun receiver is needed, like with 99 % of old side x side stockwork? Also why mr. bmd hasn't replied to that question ? If he had a 01 FFl this post might not be here so we can cheww on it. -CB

Sidelock
Sidelock

The problem here is that the fellow obviously does not know anything about what is legal and what is not. He is running a gun business without an FFL, but doesn't realize that he can ship guns without the use of an FFL. I wonder if he pays this "my FFL" guy every time he uses him to ship a gun? Maybe he used "my FFL" guy to comply with the requirements of his stock business. IN A LATER POST, I GET THE IDEA THAT THE POSTER IS THE STOCK GUY, NOT THE "OTHER GUY" I SEEM TO HAVE BEEN MISTAKEN. SORRY.

Last edited by eightbore; 03/23/11 03:17 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: cherry bomb
We are only hearing here one side of the story and it would be nice if mr. redhott would post with his version. I question still why someone advertissing here as BMD gunstocks doesn't have a 01 FFl as is required to do stock work when the gun receiver is needed, like with 99 % of old side x side stockwork? Also why mr. bmd hasn't replied to that question ? If he had a 01 FFl this post might not be here so we can cheww on it. -CB

You can be in the gunstock business,or any other business and still have a C&R FFL,there is no connection between the two.
If you "deal" in guns for a profit,then you need a 01.If an owner of a gun stock company want to collect,he can have a C&R just like the rest of us !

Hillary For Prison 2018
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

not if he is doing work on other folks guns... then you need an 01 license.

Last edited by SKB; 03/23/11 08:26 AM.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: SKB
not if he is doing work on other folks guns... then you need an 01 license.

Not sure what he does with his gunstocks has anything to do with the thread/transaction.This purchase was for his personal interest,hence the C&R.

B Dudley:
"This is why I got my C&R. To avoid having to pay transfer fees on guns that are of my personal interest (old SxS's)."

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I am a C&R holder and I am in the process of aquiring the 01 FFL so that I have all bases covered in regards to my new business. Gun stock work is something I have done for myself in my spare time. I have just this year begun to try and make it a small business venture for myself. And with that means a lot of Red tape to go through, especially in NY.
I now have to go through my town to get approved with zoning for a home business. And then the FFL will fall into place once that is taken care of.
I do not deal in guns at all, at least not until I get an 01 FFL and even then the activity would be minimal. And I do not ever have the intention of getting tied up with handguns.
I hope that I have answered any questions that anyone may have had about my work and my business.

And yes, this fowled transaction that is of subject was a personal gun of mine that I was offering as a trade for another for my collection.

Last edited by B. Dudley; 03/28/11 08:35 AM.

B.Dudley
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Not really my business at all, but you can not be engaged in any form of business prior to being granted your 01 license. One of the questions you will be asked during your on site inspection is "are you currently engaged in any firearms related business?" If you want the 01 license, the answer to that question is no. Good luck. I know what you are going through regarding the regulations in your area....I grew up a few miles to the South on Conesus Lake and moved out West long ago. Every time I return I am amazed at the nanny state mentality.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

The FFL license holder has the right to add requirements beyond those set forth by ATF. The practice is becoming more common and is no doubt caused by some bad experience or local regulation. They have a business to protect that is worth more than one transaction. As suggested above, best to clarify in advance when possible.

A Springer Spaniel, a 6# double and a fair day to hunt.
Sidelock
Sidelock

One of the reasons many FFLs will not accept a C&R is due to the fact that C&R's cannot be verified through the FFLez site. My FFL holder uses that everytime before they will ship a gun to another FFL.

Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.