May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 270 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,570
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
Sidelock
Sidelock

First a C&R FFL,or any FFL can be verified if necessary by a simple call to the licensing center in Atlanta.I have done it when sent a pawn FFL that was used as a transfer agent for my buyer,takes less then 5 mins.

Next there is no requirement for a FFL to be involved on the sender end,just the receivers.

And yes the FFL can put whatever requirement he wants-"all C&R's must sent in purple envelopes wrapped around a 10 oz silver bar",but it should be done BEFORE any transaction is completed.

Its the additional made up rules after the deal has been made that are the issue.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

When they are selling me a gun I've never had a dealer with an FFL refuse to sell me a qualifying firearm on my CC&R. Maybe doubles just aren't that easy to sell and they don't want to lose the money they will generate on my transaction.

Transfers may be a different story.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
"And yes the FFL can put whatever requirement he wants-"all C&R's must sent in purple envelopes wrapped around a 10 oz silver bar",but it should be done BEFORE any transaction is completed"

We call this GREED in my location. I've noticed this phenomenon much more frequently since "Slick Willie" forced the BATF to really clamp down on the type 1 FFL holders causing a huge reduction in numbers.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Probably really freek him out if you'd have sent him an 02FFL..

Sidelock
Sidelock

An earlier poster said it best when he stated that an FFL can add all the extra precautions that he wants. Like it or not, it is up to the FFL to protect his license and business.

My favorite dealer just changed policy where they no longer accept incoming firearms from a non-FFL. I think some of this is cautionary, I think some of it has to do with the Gunbroker, Guns International, etc. sales that they may feel is cutting in on their own business. The time spent transferring that firearm that you bought from someone else takes time away from their own business. After all, it is a business.

As far as the C&R license, it is not an FFL. A C&R license allows you to collect for your own use, not to act as a go between or dealer.

In general, a firearm is considered a C&R if it is 50 years or older. It does not have to be on the published list. If it was originally manufactured in or before March of 1961, it is a C&R based on it's age. And yes, ATF does stay on top of what is and is not.

Antique applies to originally manufactured in or before 1898.

If you fix guns for profit, refinish a stock or re-blue a gun for profit, mount a scope for profit, etc., You have to have an FFL.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I would assume that a person could wish to receive only guns from FFLs in case the gun is determined to be stolen. He would then have someone to take responsibility.

Sidelock
Sidelock

EightBore when my FFL receives a gun from a non FFL they require the non-FFL to email a copy of his driver's license. They say they do that to give ME recourse in case the gun is stolen.

Best,

Mike

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

What's wrong with just buying it out of the trunk of someone's car? No FFL, No C&R, No nothin!!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GunPlumber
An earlier poster said it best when he stated that an FFL can add all the extra precautions that he wants. Like it or not, it is up to the FFL to protect his license and business.

My favorite dealer just changed policy where they no longer accept incoming firearms from a non-FFL. I think some of this is cautionary, I think some of it has to do with the Gunbroker, Guns International, etc. sales that they may feel is cutting in on their own business. The time spent transferring that firearm that you bought from someone else takes time away from their own business. After all, it is a business.

As far as the C&R license, it is not an FFL. A C&R license allows you to collect for your own use, not to act as a go between or dealer.

In general, a firearm is considered a C&R if it is 50 years or older. It does not have to be on the published list. If it was originally manufactured in or before March of 1961, it is a C&R based on it's age. And yes, ATF does stay on top of what is and is not.

Antique applies to originally manufactured in or before 1898.

If you fix guns for profit, refinish a stock or re-blue a gun for profit, mount a scope for profit, etc., You have to have an FFL.

uhh a C&R is not an FFL??? News to me mine says it is.Its a 03 FFL for collecting and disposing of guns that are either on the list or over 50 yrs old.

These few dealers that want to put extra hoops to jump through to receive a gun for transfer would be more then happy to steal that double from your widow with no info from her at all !

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: treblig1958
What's wrong with just buying it out of the trunk of someone's car? No FFL, No C&R, No nothin!!!

Oh, Boy! See the penalties section of the 1968 Gun Control Act. Don't believe the rumor that the ATF boys don't care as long as its just an old doublegun. 'Low hanging fruit' and a quick plea deal with an embarrassed and anguished 'solid citizen' make the agent look better at his next annual review!

Actually, in Georgia at least, there's nothing wrong with doing just what you described as long as you and the guy with the gun in his trunk are both State residents. Its called the 'gun show loophole'...Geo

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.