May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (dblgnfix, eightbore, LGF, 1 invisible), 369 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,587
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GunPlumber
There is just no reasoning with someone afflicted with Napoleon syndrome.

To each his own. In the end, it really doesn't matter how you interpret the law anyway. If you are not happy with the service provided by an 01 FFL, you certainly have the right to find another.

Just as they certainly have the right to refuse service to you.

Proof once again,when faced with overwhelming FACTS that prove your position is wrong,resort to cowardly name calling and more ignorant and untenable positions.

The "interpretation" is directly from the BATF website and rules both higlighted and linked in my post.
Show me where you get your facts that says a C&R is not a FFL or that all its good for is "simply allows you to assemble a collection for personal use" ?

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: tudurgs
Dave K - Thanks for the "FAQ" reference. Should be required reading for anyone who posts on this subject

Thank you ! Agree 100%

It might not come through in my posts but I am trying to point out there are facts right from the BATF available that anyone with common sense (apparently not that "common") that will avoid many of the made up and flat out wrong posts made on threads like this.

And again, I have no problem or care what any 01 FFL wants or does not want to accept,just don't add unsubstantiated rumors ("to risky") and "not a FFL" to hide ignorance,lazy or greedy.

Here is a list of dealers that are ready to do transfers;

http://www.gunbroker.com/FFL/DealerNetwork.aspx

and another;

http://www.gunsinternational.com/ffl-dealers.cfm

Hillary For Prison 2018
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

"ignorance,lazy or greedy." Sure looks like name calling to me.

Even though I do transfers, I'm sure you would not approve of how I run things. I am one of those nutters that likes a photocopy of a DL to go with my books. Crazy I know, but at my last ATF audit the agent did mention that they liked the idea and it made things simple and easy. I also agree with Gunplummer that a C&R does not allow you to run a for profit business. Twist it as you like.......

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave K:

I simply made an observation, and expressed my opinion. The last I checked, I still have that right.

Reviewing your posts and endless rants against licensees, it is you who have described them as "stupid", "ignorant", "lazy" and "greedy." Yet, you call me a coward for making the observation that you appear to be one-sided and have a bullying manner of "see things my way or you are an idiot."

There are plenty of folks on this board who know my background. I can tell you that I have seen many people get themselves in trouble based on their own interpretation of firearms law. I wish you the best and hope you find happiness with a dealer who will accomodate you.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Replacement
Quote:
I don't think there are very many stupid people that are successful businessmen and have 01 FFL's.

I think this thread pretty much proves that opinion may not be correct.

Just sayin'........when there is significant money involved, many of them lose their stupid streak at record speed.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GunPlumber
Dave K:

I simply made an observation, and expressed my opinion. The last I checked, I still have that right.

Reviewing your posts and endless rants against licensees, it is you who have described them as "stupid", "ignorant", "lazy" and "greedy." Yet, you call me a coward for making the observation that you appear to be one-sided and have a bullying manner of "see things my way or you are an idiot."

There are plenty of folks on this board who know my background. I can tell you that I have seen many people get themselves in trouble based on their own interpretation of firearms law. I wish you the best and hope you find happiness with a dealer who will accomodate you.

GunPlumber, I called your post ("There is just no reasoning with someone afflicted with Napoleon syndrome") cowardly and stand by it !

Your the one with a "interpretation" of firearms laws and have as of yet not backed up any of the wrong "interpretations" you made that I challenged .
Note-NO "interpretations" on my part at all.I have posted links directly from the BATF site (and in the books-disk they send to license's,which I doubt you have even taken the time to read !

Have no idea of your back round,but so far your view of a discussion (well there where some "rants"-"View from the cheap seats" comes to mind ) of facts vs posts like " a C&R is not a FFL" does nothing to impress me.

If you have something you can back up in facts fine,why not post it?So far all I see is name cowardly name calling,and your "view" of what the rules are.
All your doing now is continuing to prove my point about lazy,ignorant and or greedy !

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

If you read my earlier post, I said that a C&R is not an FFL. If you read further, I clarified that statement to mean that a C&R license does not allow you to deal in firearms as a business. I even called it what it is, an 03 FFL.

Straight from the ATF website:

Q: Does a license as a collector of curio or relic firearms authorize the collector to engage in the business of dealing in curios or relics?
No. A dealers license must be obtained to engage in the business of dealing in any firearms, including curios or relics.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a) and 923(a), 27 CFR 478.41]

If I remember right, in an earlier post you claimed that an antique firearm is one which is 100 years old. This is factually incorrect under the Gun Conrol Act of 1968 (GCA).

You later corrected yourself with your own clarification.

But I guess you are the only one who can do that, right?

Like I said, best of luck in all of your future endeavors. Happy collecting. I am done conversing with you.

Last edited by GunPlumber; 03/26/11 08:55 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Plumber,
You are correct,I forgot a word "could" in be an antique,your statement-03 is not a FFL was incorrect,but I will agree to a "push" I will also say its good you have moved up the learning curve and actually linked to a BATF site,even if its not pertinent to this discussion.

Now can you show me where I said that a 03 FFL was for dealing?
You Can't!

If you address your "interpretations" and stop making up ones that you claim I did it would help your case a lot more then making up what was never posted.

man if there was ever a time i felt like I was having a battle of wits with a "unarmed" man,this is it !

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
"There are plenty of folks on this board who know my background. I can tell you that I have seen many people get themselves in trouble based on their own interpretation of firearms law. "

Well: Those of us on this board who are stupid and ignorent are still waiting for you to cite even ONE specific case where an 01FFL got in to trouble with the BATF for shipping a C&R firearm to an 03FFL.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

so, does this mean that we should never apply high heat to a shotgun receiver in the vain attempt to restore case colors?

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.