May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (FlyChamps), 270 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,570
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
Sidelock
Sidelock

What I want to know is did the "unarmed man" get dirty? I ask for a photocopy operater's license when I sell to another C&R and can't quarrel with a 01 doing so. I do think the deal with the FFL receivers not wishing to receive from unlicensed individuals is an indication of fraternal protectionism as again they can certainly ask for positive ID. Informing a LEO who is not the CLEO in your neighborhood that you are applying for an 03 does not, as Jim/Dave have been gracious enuf to point out, delay the processing of your application. It delayed mine because I was informed that I had the wrong office BEFORE I sent in my application. I hesitated to go ahead with the process until I found the address of the Real McCLEO. Go away, Ed.

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've purchased a couple dozen guns using my C&R. I always get it cleared before bidding at an auction, if I do that no problems. A couple of times I have run into someone that won't honor a C&R, he loses my business, plenty of other guns out there. Around here FFL's are asking $50-100 to do a transfer. I'd rather put that money into the price of the gun.

I have also sold to a C&R on a few occasions, I get a copy of the C&R, call the ATF and verify, and always ship to the address on the C&R.

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well if that wasn't 9 pages of a sh-t storm and 30 min. of my life I will never get back!!! I like to ship FFL to FFL I don't care how old the gun is. My guy charges me the actual shipping cost no more going out and $5.00 for the background check coming in. I told mister gunstock man I wanted to go FFL to FFL right from the start. He just thought that his 03 was good enough for me to ship directly to him. My guy for what ever reason does not accept from an 03 it's his playpen he can do what he wants. I think that many people use the 03 ffl to get around the system and sooner or later the ones that are buying and selling on their 03 ffl's will get caught. All mister gunstock man had to do was ship his gun from an 01-ffl and give me an 01-ffl to ship mine to and this deal would have been done. He chose not to and the deal fell thru. What's the big deal I don't get it . He didn't get the gun and neither did I move on. I just purchased a gun from someone else on this site. He said he had an 03 -ffl I ask him if he could ship from an 01 he said fine I paid the difference it was my choice. Everbody has to do what they are comfortable with if your not then don't do it. Mister gunstock man started this rant and it really is a waste of time except I wondered how anyone even knew that the deal went south and how they even knew the deal was with me. At the very least I now know that PM is not what it means to him so I will assume that is how he runs his gunstock company also and I guess private is not really private to him. You know the BATF pays people to read these web sites and report what they read. I know this because I know a person that got a visit for something he wrote on a site like this. So becareful what you write it may come back a bite you.I'm done, this deal is so done you can stick it with a fork, and my dealings with mister gunstock man are finished also. ( you notice I never mentioned his name or handle as it should be)

Last edited by reddhott2; 03/27/11 11:23 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

italiansxs:

Jim, first off I am not the one who called FFL holders stupid and ignorant. I merely defended those who choose to do business as they see fit. And I stand by that. It is their license and business to protect. If they choose not to ship to an 03 C&R holder, right or wrong so be it.

Second, I never said that I knew of any 01 FFL holders that got into trouble shipping to an 03 C&R. So why should I provide an example? Why would they be in trouble anyway?

Yes, I do know of plenty of people who got into trouble based on their own interpretation of firearms law. That's a fact. Sorry if I confused anyone by their misinterpretation of what I said. And yes, there is a big misconception by some that a C&R license is a license to deal for profit. It is not.

And finally, I never accused Dave K of anything other than being rude.

So, my total point being, if you don't like the way a certain FFL runs his show, find another one and be happy. No need to call them "stupid", "ignorant", "lazy" or "greedy." In other words, don't be critical of a man's trade unless you walked a mile in his shoes.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I believe in capitolism and am a Darwinist. The world is changing. More and more things happen through the internet. The FFL that doesn't fully understand the laws he must abide by to do business in this age is subject to the fate of the dinosaurs. I also agree that some of this caution is driven by greed. A lot of these guys had a small but captive audience for years, and I've heard several complain about "losing a sale" to someone from another state. Eventually these guys will learn that the internet can give them a MUCH larger potential customer base. They start selling on-line and some guy in another state makes a few bucks for doing the transfer. Sometimes they're the guy that makes the few bucks as well. Both benefit. Trying to make things stay strictly local is just dumb business and eventually will cause them to fail.
Personally, I won't buy as much as a bore brush or box of cartridges from a shop that won't do transfers at a reasonable price and/or doesn't know the laws governing their own business. If more people would do this, we'd help Darwin along and get it over with.
Jim

Sidelock
Sidelock

First off Al (Redhott2) has claimed he has a C&R,that evidently is a LIE.What else is he lying about?

Next Gunplumber,
rude,let see would this be rude;

"There is just no reasoning with someone afflicted with Napoleon syndrome"

how about this?
"View from the cheap seats"
Those came out of Gunplumber !!!

Next for SKB AND Gunplumber,
where did I or anyone on here post that a C&R FFL could run as a business ?NO WHERE Gunplumber- the king of "intepetation" thinks that C&R's are "simply allows you to assemble a collection for personal use" (Copied from his post)
I,directly from the BATF sight posted this:

""Q: What does “engaged in the business” mean?

The term “engaged in the business,” as applicable to a firearms dealer, is defined as a person who devotes time, attention, and labor to dealing in firearms as a regular course of trade or business with the principal objective of livelihood and profit through the repetitive purchase and resale of firearms, but such term shall not include a person who makes occasional sales, exchanges, or purchases of firearms for the enhancement of a personal collection or for a hobby, or who sells all or part of his personal collection of firearms."

AGAIN NO ONE said it was for running a business,where are you two getting this ?

Once again,for SKB AND Gun Plumber, why are you leaving out "just don't add unsubstantiated rumors"when bitching about the ingnorance lazy or greedy ? You would not like it if I make up what you are posting why do it to mine ?

here is my post;

"And again, I have no problem or care what any 01 FFL wants or does not want to accept,just don't add unsubstantiated rumors ("to risky") and "not a FFL" to hide ignorance,lazy or greedy."
SKB if an FFL is adding "unsubstantiated" rumors then I am "calling then names" but if your not where have called you names ?

If you can't win an argument don't put words in peoples mouths.

As I have always said,if SKB or any 01 FFL wants a DL or it mailed in a purple envelope wrapped in a 10 oz silver bar,what ever,fine ! As long as its BEFORE the deal is made.Then his buyer can decide if he wants t jump through the hoop.
If a 01 does not want to do any transfers to C&R FFLs,again FINE,just don t add "risky" or any other BS to it !Thats just "ignorant,lazy or greedy.

I could really care less as I have not need a 01 FFL for transfer in years.For now all my needs are met with my 03.If things change I can either use a friends or apply for one on my own and maybe get the "Darwin factor" moving along a bit quicker (credit to "JimfromTrafalgar!)

Last edited by Dave K; 03/27/11 01:42 PM.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

B Dudley:
The last time I looked it was still a free country so you can do as you please. The whole 01FFL thing for me is irrelevant since I don't have to pay for transfers to begin with.
You're the one who has a problem with selling/shipping to 03FFl holders but you can't come up with one instance where there was abuse in shipping an eligible firearm to one of them.
Lets see here. No one is breaking any laws,there no indication of a problem in this so what conclusion can be drawn?
Some 01FFL dealers want to make more money so it's in their intrest to actively discourage 03FFL transactions.
I think JimfromTrafalgar summed it up for the majority of us in his closing statement above.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave,
why don't you go argue with your wife.....you bore the hell out me. Have a nice Sunday.
Steve

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ok Pal I have let two or three swipes at me go and thats IT !

SKB,Steve, I have been down the road with you before and once again,when you LOSE on facts,you resort to name calling and outright misrepresentations of what I and others post.

You can't show where ANYONE on here has posted that
A) a C&R is for business
b) All FFL's are ignorant and lazy,although your sure starting to look like the former !

If you don' have a good argument then just shut STFU !

Hillary For Prison 2018
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

A. You know as well as I do that the business/C&R relationship was brought into this thread because the original poster, who has now edited his posts, was advertising for a gunstocking business which requires more than an 03 license.

B. Now you want to qualify your past posts with "all FFL's" and not take responsibility for the name calling you started.

C. Your wife is calling you, it is time for your Sunday reading comprehension class.

Dave, do us all a favor and STFU....

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.