April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (Jtplumb, LeFusil, gunmaker, fullandfuller, Argo44, JDH), 401 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,799
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Chuck H Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I was sitting here having some quail and wildrice and my wife asked me if I had offerred any quail (he left with me) to my brother in law. I said I told him to learn to cook.

So, how many of you cook?

Sidelock
Sidelock

How many cooks hunt ? I cook

Sidelock
Sidelock

Chuck,
I've always been a big fan of eating! That being said, I figured I'd need to learn to cook the fish and game I harvested after going off to college. I wasn't into junk food-plus a steady diet of junk food cut too much into the beer budget. Therefore, I taught myself, through recipes and experimentation how to cook!

After getting married at about 30 yrs of age, I soon realized that unless I wanted to eat beans and rice every meal, the only thing my wife cooked decently (being from Nicaragua), I'd better teach her to cook wild game and fish. It didn't take too long on that path to realize that I did a better job on the cooking duties than she did.

Although she has turned into a decent cook, I still do the majority of the cooking in our household.

CH

Cameron Hughes
Sidelock
Sidelock

I cook everything I shoot or catch ..... that I don't give away. It's one of the reasons my wife put's up with it all!

Al

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bouvier's situation is very similar to mine. She's pretty good about eating the various critters I drag home but usually cons me into cooking it. I'm pretty easy.

> Jim Legg <

Sidelock
Sidelock

Same as Bouvier but I started only this year as an old man. Results satisfactory and I look forward to next season.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Absolutely. It is fun and a great way to end it all.

Anyone have any favorite recipes or cookbooks?

Alex

Boxlock
Boxlock

My wife went back to work so I could retire early. I figured learning how to cook was the least I could do.

jas Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I cook because my wife is working(?) and I am retired. I cooked on fishing boats that I owned for years, unless I had a decent cook. I do cook any game that the dog brings home, providing it was legally shot. I enjoy the cooking when it is done right.

Currently own two Morgan cars. Starting on Black Powder hunting to advoid the mob of riflemen.
Sidelock
Sidelock

To me it is a dimension of having hunted. I enjoy cooking - in fact cook at least 8 meals a week in our home. I had trouble finding recipes for duck that the kids enjoy but eventually succeeded. Geese and upland game they relish. Wild game dinners with other hunters and their wives are somewhat of a contest to see who can outdo the other. Only those who shot the game are allowed in the kitchen. An opportunity for story telling and reliving the hunts.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.