May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
9 members (eightbore, Lloyd3, Guy Ave, Gunning Bird, 2 invisible), 1,009 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,504
Posts545,552
Members14,416
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
hoser Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Anyone have feedback on the RBL Launch Edition 20 ga guns -- good or bad? Did the single or double triggers have any issues, or fit and finish that improved or degraded in later year productions, ect? General estimated prices (PM or email me if preferred)? Thanks in advance!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've got one and it works just fine. Double triggers, case hardened finish. I don't have any later models to compare it to. The wood is very dark, well figured, but not spectaculary contrasted.

I had a problem with the forend being slightly loose, sent it back and they fixed it very quickly.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've been very pleased with all four of my RBLs, all straight grip double trigger with 4x wood. I didn't like the very shiny wood finish on the early Launch Edition's, but fortunately mine was later and had the duller finish, and I also got the extra-cost color case hardened finished receiver. So, it more closely matches my later RBLs. The trigger pulls on my Launch Edition 20-gauge are just a tad heavier than I like for shooting clay targets, but I never notice shooting birds. I've shot my RBL-16 more than the other three, and in that I have a huge supply of 1 1/8 ounce #6 shot 16-gauge shells, it has become my go to Pheasant gun.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a ST, PG, BTF, Exhibition wood 20ga that I have shot a lot and have had -0- problems.

A Springer Spaniel, a 6# double and a fair day to hunt.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a RBL 20 and 28. Very happy with both guns, with a slight preference for the 28. No issues with fit and finish or function.

Both are CCH actions with DT/SFE/SG. I got a set of 30" barrels with the 28 which are real nice for that gauge - not sure if they are available or advisable for the 20, which is a bit heavier and has the adjustable chokes.

Last edited by Doverham; 05/04/11 07:31 PM.

Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I saw a very early launch edition 20 with an SST that did not function properly. But I think they worked out most of the issues before long, and you often see a lot of praise for their customer service when there is a problem.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a Launch Edition with case-colored receiver, single trigger, pistol grip, and beavertail forend, exhibition Turkish with the gloss finish, s.n. 20. It is a beautiful gun. I have shot it for several dove seasons with no problems whatsoever. I will say that the later Launch Edition guns I have seen have better engraving than mine.

I also have an RBL12 in the same configuration with 32" bbls. that is a clays killer. I have also used it on doves with great success. Everyone that sees it comments on the wood, which is exhibition Turkish also. Zero problems of any kind.

I just bought a 28 ga. RBL in the same configuration as the above two guns, with 30" bbls., at the Southern SxS that is having the chokes opened and will be shipped next week. Looking forward to shooting it soon.
JR

Last edited by John Roberts; 05/04/11 08:21 PM.

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think the shiny stock finish was an extra. Mine has a duller finish too, and I prefer that. Mine weighs 5.8 pounds.

The "coin finish" guns were less expensive but fewer were made. They look kinda good.

I was not the original purchaser of my gun, but it was unfired. Not that that matters, I'm a used gun guy, and I got a great deal on it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Never understood why anyone would want a "dull" finish on their gunstocks. I'm no fan of a thick, heavy epoxy/plastic finish, but a nicely done gloss finish, or a shiny semi-gloss, is much nicer than a no-gloss flat oil finish. Dull is good word to describe it.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

It's not a flat finish, it's semi-shiny, just not deep gloss. One could slap on a few coats of oil and it would be deeply glossly, but that's not what I want.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.