May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (barrel browner, SKB, HistoricBore, FlyChamps, 2 invisible), 325 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,496
Posts545,385
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#235641 07/14/11 10:02 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Our gunning community has suffered a deep loss today with the passing of Jack Puglisi. Jack was a respected and loved dealer of fine guns as well as being a noted collector. Jack was a friend to all and participated in many worthy events through the years. He will be deeply missed.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry to hear of this. Best wishes and condolences to the Puglisi family.

DGM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sad to hear that. I always made a point of visiting Puglisi's beautiful shop when visiting my old home state. There were always wonderful things to see, good hospitality and good conversation to be had.

"When you have to shoot, Shoot! Don't talk." - Tuco

Sidelock
Sidelock

I am shocked and sadened to hear this unfortunate news. My brother Carl and I have known Jack for many years and Carl, among others, has engraved several guns for him.

Jack was not only a knowledgable and respected gun dealer but also a patron of the engraver's art.

Requiescat in pace Jack Puglisi.

Roger Bleile

C. Roger Bleile
Author of American Engravers-The 21st Century
FEGA Historian
www.engravingglossary.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Are you guys sure about Jacks passing. I think you may have it wrong. In the Trubune a mrs Puglisi passed away yesterday. There is no mentioned of Jack. It does say she has a son named Jack and a gandson named John. I think you need to check this before it goes too far and a serious mistake may be made.

John Boyd

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

John, you are right ( obituary ).

This thread should be checked. The Puglisi website has no mention concerning Mr. Puglisi.

JC

"...it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."ť Charles Darwin
JayCee #235676 07/15/11 11:34 AM
ScottG
Unregistered
ScottG
Unregistered

Gents,

Jack indeed passed away last night amongst his family after a battle with Fribrosis of the lungs.
John text me a few minutes after the fact to let me know my dear friend was indeed gone.

His mother did in fact also pass away just days before. This is a tragic loss to his family and those of us who called Jack friend.

Prayers to the family and very much to his son John as he will now be the face of Puglisi Fine Guns.

Scott

Sidelock
Sidelock

Olive (Akervik) Puglisi, 96, of Alborn and Duluth, passed away peacefully, with her family at her side, Saturday, July 9, 2011, in Essentia Health Care Hospice.

She was born July 29, 1914, in Weyburn, Saskatchewan, Canada, to John and Hildur (Broman) Akervik. Ollie was a graduate of Duluth Central High School. On July 4, 1936, she married Joseph Puglisi.

Ollie worked at Newberry's Dime Store and First Street Department Store as a supervisor. While working for Chun King, Ollie ran their restaurant during the 1964 - 1965 World's Fair in New York. She retired from Jeno's having worked in the Product Development Lab.

Ollie was preceded in death by her husband, Joseph, in Dec. 26, 1984; her daughter, JoAnne Puglisi, in 1989; brothers Harold, Jack, Wallace and Myron; and a sister, Elaine.

She is survived by her son, Jack (Carol) of Duluth; five grandchildren, Scott (Lynn) Dunbar of Duluth, Rick (Cheryl) Dunbar of Alborn, Lisa (Paul) Klassen of Alborn, Lynn (Brad) Thompson of Duluth, and John (Linda) Puglisi of Duluth; 14 great-grandchildren; two great-great-grandchildren; her brother, Norman (Martha) of Winston-Salem, N.C: and many other relatives and friends.

The family would like to thank the staff of River Hill Assisted Living for the wonderful care given to Ollie.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/obituary/id/204085/

#235685 07/15/11 03:48 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sad news indeed. Just by looking at his website one feels he was
someone that really cared for best guns and will be dearly missed.

My condolences to the family.

JC

"...it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."ť Charles Darwin
JayCee #235714 07/15/11 07:38 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jack was a good friend! We had our last conversation at this spring's Las Vegas show. He was not feeling very well but stated he was headed for florida to play Gin Rummy with our mutual and good friend Bill Jaqua.
I spoke with his son John at the tulsa show and he stated that Jack had just gotten back tired and fiesty. That he enjoyed his stay with Bill.
Jack was most certainly a fighter and managed to put on a game face right up until the finish.
God love you Jack!
respectfully
John Mc

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.