April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (SKB, gasgunner, David Williamson, KDGJ), 409 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,470
Posts545,148
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Chuck H
We're not makin this easy on him, are we? grin

Lots of dogs to be proud of.

Yup. But that's the point of the exercise. laugh

That, and showing off our dogs....

fiery, dependable, occasionally transcendent
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi Jent:

I love your post as it reflects my experience with a dog that I adopted.

My PP rescue was shipped from Salt Lake City to Baltimore. He was free. Only cost me $600.00 to get him to Baltimore! lol

I do not think that I could have done much better!

If you wish to hear the rest of the story, call me at 717-526-3334.

Remember, never spoil your bird dog!

Franchi

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have pretty much tried em all...I settled on Brittanies..Amarillo Mikes dogs are among the best, if you stay upwind of them....

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Very hard decision. You didn't mention about a long hair or short haired dog. If in the house I would think you would want a short-haired dog like a Pointer, German Short Hair, Vizula, Griffon, or any of the wire haired dogs, plus now the pointing retrievers, the best of both worlds.

If you don't mind your wife or you vacuuming the house every day, then a loong hair.

I have had Brittanies, and they are a very good dog, gentle, easy to train and like to retrieve, but I to prefer setters. The one I have now is a 75 lb. male, Max. Very gentle, smart and a very birdy dog, however, it takes me a long time to clean him after some hunts, he has very long feathers on his chest, belly and legs, plus a very full tail.
I built a quail return pen when he was about 4 months old, here is a picture of him then.

Here is a picture of him in the yard in January of this year, 4 1/2 years old.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Last Dollar
Amarillo Mikes dogs are among the best

Chuck I agree with you and must also say that you are an excellent judge of bird dogs!

grin

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Very nice setter, JDW.

Personally I will never ever take dual dog again. It seems to me dual dogs can't take all heavy duty stuff of real huntings. I lost my dual red setter because of it last year.
Also I will never take working American dog of broken strings such as EP, ES, IS and Gordon. These strings belongs to UK and Ireland and dogs have to be looked like original.
Brittany's that I saw here sounds logical. We have plenty of these dogs here and they are all good working dogs (besides show strings).
What about short and long haired dogs for home - its huge missunderstanding short haired dogs do not leave their hair indooors. Its much easy to clean home from long hairs of long haired dogs, than from short hairs. These short hairs are everywhere and its not possible to get them whith vacuum cleaner or such from fabric covers at home and in the car.

Geno.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, if we're posting dog pictures. Here's the picking up team. Two of my Chesapeakes on the right:

'Well, I found it but I'm not fetching it!'

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

5 month old Britt Abby locked down on dove. Dove flew to limb and still on point. Hard to train her to point on two legs, but it helped cross-train her to do the Macarena and break dance.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Great looking dogs Lagopus. Is that a deer furrowed down in the grass in the second picture? Or a fawn? Or a buck and a fawn?

Best,

Mike

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike
Great looking dogs Lagopus. Is that a deer furrowed down in the grass in the second picture? Or a fawn? Or a buck and a fawn?

Best,

Mike

Mike:

Fallow deer have spots, it looks like a Fallow buck to me....?.........

Best,

Doug

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.