March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Jimmy W, KDGJ, smlekid, Owenjj3, Argo44), 822 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony, old mate, I'll pray for you, which is something I very seldom do except for exceptional cases like yours.
You have a lot of friends here who feel as I do, and have really enjoyed your fine gunsmithing work,
Mikey from Essex

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony, your strength in sharing this is an inspiration to me, enjoy your life!

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony, I'm floored. No matter how long I look at this blank screen I can't seem to find any words that can express everything I want to get across. Seeing the pictures of your impossibly lovely family kicked me across the room with grief at first, but then, the more I looked at them I felt hope. I know that sounds stupidly shallow, like life being a "made for TV movie", directed by Oprah but.....You've gotten some great words from others here who have found the strength to fight the fight. Their words, more than mine, have the power to lift you up, I pray that they can and will. Sorry if I'm incoherent, it's past 3 in the morning here and I'm fogged in. All I can say right now is stay in the ring and keep swinging. Godspeed, Tony.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks Marc. I will fight. I start chemo in just over a week. I have taken great heart from all of the lovely people here. I hate doing this to my family and it's just awful. But I just hope that the chemo (and my Oncologist has said don't give up we have plenty to try in the kit bag) works from the offset and stops this bloody thing. I'm going to crack on until I'm taken down. I'm going to Holts this Tuesday and I hope to buy a new project..

Thank you all just so much. It's a terrible disease and many of you have testified your own experiences. I thank you for that.

I'm just so touched by so many well wishers.

Regards,
Tony

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony - this is incredibly sad news and my thoughts are with you and your family. We only had a chance to shake hands and say hello for 10 mins at this years Game Fair, but it was a real pleasure to meet you. Here's looking forward to next years Game Fair and having the opportunity of doing so once again - only this time over a pint. Straight powder Tony and best of luck starting chemo.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Certainly not the news anyone ever wants to hear. A positive attitude going forward can make difference. Fight for the best care available, including enrolling clinical trials.

I'm a relatively new fan of your work/blog expect more material!
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jim

Sidelock
Sidelock

Keep planning projects for yourself, Tony. You have a wonderful family to give you support and a reason to fight, but other things help, too, like your restorations.

You will be continually in my prayers through the weeks to come, for healing and for strength, for you and your family. I'm still planning on tapping into your experiences with CCH this winter, as I begin my foray into it.

Thanks for all the encouragement you have given many of us, and the genuine pleasure of seeing your work.

All my best, Stan

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well that post could be a total bummer except for your attitude. I gotta give it to yaz, man, that takes some massive balls to confront. Same to you other guys in the same sh7t.
You have my best wishes and respect absolutely

Dr.WtS

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Sidelock
Sidelock

Words fail me.

My dad (81 y/o next month) is going through chemo now - from his doctor calling him "disgustingly healthy" in April to Stage IV lymphoma in July. His good spirits and attitude are making all the difference. The one thing he complains about is that the doctors have forbidden him from driving the car. We don't know how it will turn out for him, but it's quite clear that his good spirits and attitude are making all the difference.

You have the spirit, the heart and a plethora of reasons to fight and win. And, if it comes down to it, you can find a doctor who likes shooting and dangle before him one of these old beauties you restore. We all only get one chance at today, just like we only shoot one target at a time. Make the most of it, be strong, and continue living from love.

Best.

fiery, dependable, occasionally transcendent
Sidelock
Sidelock

Please read "That Face to Face Thing" thread and give us your thoughts guys..........

Thank You...........

Best Regards to All..........

Doug

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.