March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (SKB, Dan S. W., Sandlapper, 1 invisible), 722 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,016
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#245030 09/23/11 11:58 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I was planning to visit the VC tomorrow and shoot the 16 gauge smallbore course.

Has the rain that we're getting here in central MD made it across the bay?? The radar at this time suggest no, but the weather report for tomorrow looks ugly.

Anyone been over to the VC yet??

Last edited by Bryan Lee; 09/23/11 12:56 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I was there this morning hoping to get in a 12 ga event. The rain was so hard at times had a river going thru the tents. It had subsided some by the time I had to leave and head back to Sykesville,never did get to shoot,other shooters were starting to go out when I left.
Still,I enjoyed drooling over the guns and met a few of the members of the forum for the first time. Hopefully next year will be able to go multiple days.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hey john,

Thanks for the report. I guess I'll put on my waders and venture over tomorrow. Even if I don't get to shoot at least they'll be some nice guns to drool over.

Bryan

Sidelock
Sidelock

Wet...I am at the Vintage Cup. It has rained nearly all day today (Friday). There was a bit of shooting and I did manage to put in my typical middle-of-the-road performance on the stalking rifle range today. (During the only 2 hours it didn't rain.)

I hope to shoot the clays coiurse in the morning.....we shall see. So far show is what I would describe as uneventful. Some foot traffic not as many vendors but still some nice guns and nice people to hang out with for a few days.

A big shout out and kudos to Marty Sands....He brought this stellar 16 bore Sauer double rifle to the show. It's a hammer gun and has full game scene engraving on it...including a traditional German Werewolf! Aside from the way cool factor the gun is deadly (at least in Marty's hands.) Watching him nail the targets in the stalking rifle event made me very envious!

And a big thank you to the Wunrow's with their hospitality RV and the fabulous snow goose sausages that they provided along with the multitude of beverages!

Hopefully tomorrow will bring better skys.

Dave Weber
doublegunshop.com
DoubleGun Evangelist
In Charge But Not Responsible
Sidelock
Sidelock

Was by for a while this morning. Hadn't ever attended before, so was tickled to see all the nifty iron. Dragged along a Merkel drilling, but wound up not shooting the J-Mar Event. The turn out seemed dampened by the weather, but spirits were high and folks were friendly. Saturday was damp instead of downpour, so there was a fair bit of shooting today. Four-wheel drive was still darned handy in the parking lots/pasture.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

We caught a major break with the weather today. It was humid as all get out, but no real rain. A few sprinkles while we were out on the smallbore course but that was it. I had a nice time as usual. The number of vendors has definitely dropped off, but there was still plenty of doubles to drool over. I heard that the VC is heading back to it's birth place, Addieville East for next year. I'll make that trip again because Addieville is a premier SC course.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Where, pray tell, is Addieville East?

I missed every bloody one of these. Back when they started up in NY state we always seemed to be at the ocean that week because of my wife's vacation schedule. But I figured it was just a matter of time beforen the stars would be aligned and I'd get a chance to go.

Then it went on a USA joyride and outta my line of vision. If it's going to be within easy reach of me next year then for sure I'll finally be going.. AT LAST!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Addieville East is in Mapleville, RI.

It's been years since I've shot clays, but my fondest memories are from Addieville. Geoff Gabe and crew really know how to put on a shoot (friendly, great targets) and make everyone feel welcome.

Jim

Sidelock
Sidelock

I was at the VC from Thursday thru mid day Saturday. The rain put a damper on the shooting on Thursday and Friday. Saturday morning was decent with no rain. I'd say the gun and goodies vendors were at ~50% of last year, and shooting and casual attendees were down somewhat. But with all that said there were plenty of guns and accouterments, and the vendors seemed more willing to negotiate to lower numbers. I came home with some things, and had a grand time as usual with regulars/friends I see there every year.

One of the highlights for me is when our web host Dave Weber fell, hook line & sinker, for a good joke while at the Fox Collectors tables.

Of course I understand that the economy is severely hurting a lot of people. And that some have to stay near home because of a family situation. But for those who have the option... we all make choices on events like this.... taking vacation days at work, scheduling alternate casual things with the family, deciding to hunt for doves etc. when you have mucho more days of the season to do same, watching the weather forecast and bagging it if it looks like the sun won't shine, rationalizing it's too far to drive, etc etc. All I have to say is it takes a year for another event like the VC to come around, and none of us are getting younger.

Silvers

I AM SILVERS, NOT SLIVER = two different members. I'm in the northeast, the other member is in MT.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hope you're all having fun..if it's back in RI again I will finally get to go next year.
Man the weather makes such a difference , don't it?.....hoping for clear skies over your heads lads
cheers
franc

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.