May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (graybeardtmm3, prairie ghost, buckstix, Ducks Rx, LRF, 1 invisible), 217 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,534
Posts545,976
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

For ducks, geese..... and other game where I use buckshot or slugs, like coyotes etc.....I turn to my trusty Beretta S685'S that I bought new in the early 80's in Europe.....a 12 and a 20 ga. non-ejector with chrome lined bores, both choked M/F......I've shot thousands and thousands of rounds through these guns without a glitch ever.....Beretta's quality is above reproach IMO.....including some foreign country high volume wing shooting............just love 'em and will pass them on to my sons........

SHOT A LARGE NUMBER OF DUCKS WITH THIS OLD 12/30" GUN OVER THE YEARS ....

Cheers,

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks- will give it a shot- Mark- shoulda known a brother Gyrene would 'come through' very few guys i know take the quality fotos you do--Out-standing!!!

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

1893 Parker NH 10ga 32", 10lb 5oz. It's good on crows too, I have shot over 1000 rounds of 1 1/4 ounce #6 reloads at crows since August 2010.

Last Fall

Barrels refinished by Brad Bachelder this past spring

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here's my serious duck buster. Parker DH 10 gauge with 30" 3-iron damascus tubes. Little over 9 pounds on a #3 frame, made in 1910. Ounce and a quarter of bismuth is great!

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

That Parker could even turn my head whistle

I'll give you $150 for it if that Steven Dodd Hughes fellow buys my Scott ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Now jOe thats the best offer I've had fer muh shootin' iron since one-eyed Amarillo Mike offered his whole kennel of turd hounds fer it. Wait'll you see my old brown dollar grade hammer Parker 10 with 28" pipes. Now that's a real pheasant stomper. We gonna have big time wif it 'n yer Scotty. Wipe noses, yesiree......

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mark- Semper Fi- I hit a negative trying to get hooked up with the www.Hunt101.com, so I tried the Photobucket and was able to pull up two fotos of my Ithaca NIG 10 bore hammer gun. But I didn't know what kind of paste you meant (library- Elmer's- Gorilla Glue) and as Craig Larter is the "Founder of this Feast" I sent the two fotos to his e-mail at clarter@rochester.rr.com (and my log in name on photobucket is Lufton Pittman. So, if he knows how to do the pasting, perhaps he'll do this for me.

Isn't he the "Head Fred" at the Fox Collectors Assn.? Nice CE/HE, although the Parkers have a simpler system- just CHE and save a letter- pretty great-I do have one Fox double, a 20 Sterlingworth with DT and ejectors made in Utica NY about 1935-- I bought it hoping we would get a legal dove season here in MI- 28" barrels choked M & F- but the dove season never quite made it- so the old- "hope in one hand and crap in the other" wisdom done prevailed.

I use RST 2 &7/8 Nice-nicely shot loads in this cannon- hammers the living daylights outta the Canadas over dekes- like you, I also had a great early season- and the regular one that opened this past Sat. has also been good- until mid-morning- then it's clean the birds, the gun, shower, have lunch and go play golf--life ain't all that bad, hey??

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Our waterfowl season opened this weekend and our wintering population of Snow geese are starting to pour in. Looks like they had a good nesting with quite a few juveniles.The weapon of choice this weekend was a J.& W. Tolley 12 ga. 3" magnum BLE. The "Altro " model. Definitely does the job if I do mine. The score stands at 18 for two mornings with a rematch tomorrow.

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought stupid,than open it and confirm.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hey Marine!

Get you head out of your butt! How the heck did you come up with Elmers? I think you need to enlist in the Computer Corps so that a Geek Instructor can purge your mind of slimey civilian non-computer savy thoughts.

Copy and Paste is a simple two-step word processing task. Right click your coumpter's mouse. Hold the button down as you drag the pointer over the image code to highlight it. Release the right mouse button and click the left mouse button. Select the word "Copy" by clicking the left mouse button. Move the pointer to the forum reply and right click. Select the work "Paste".

Now, smile smile and have a nice day...

USMC Retired
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'll play.
We went out my back door and shot these just for this thread.
Mark's Greener

My Remington 1894

I'm pretty satisfied with the New Era 4's. 4 for 4. No recoil, no noise. Have not tested them at range though. I'm conditioned to shooting them close due to steel useage.

I drag out some other waterfowling side by sides and shoot some more geese tomorrow for the site.

Out there doing it best I can.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.