May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (prairie ghost, R Reynolds, CJ Dawe, battle, bsteele, LGF), 873 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,399
Members14,412
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

KyBrad3 -
Not slander, just a little good-natured ribbin'! It is interesting to note, however, that most posters still view KY as a southern state anyway, regardless ot the secession technicality. In fact, here in Alabama we have a single County which never technically seceeded (Winston Co., I believe). They were some weird times to live in, to be sure.

Sidelock
Sidelock

KYBrad3, How in the world does a good KY boy end up in MS????

This Lexington boy ended up in AL but MS!!!! LOL

Midway is a great little town and if the wind is right, it smells like &^%$....er....I mean.....MONEY, yeah, that is it!! I get to moan because I used to work on the farms during the summer!!

Chris

OP Offline

His gunbroker ID it TKSIMS or something like that. Good idea, I will run the SNs. Maybe we can get this guy put in the room with iron curtains.

I am looking for someone with an FFL to take these guns back and shove them up .... er deposit them on Mr. Sims' doorstep. $100 credit on our website to anyone willing to do that for me.

Last edited by doublegunhq; 02/09/07 06:10 PM.

doublegunhq.com
Fine English, American and German Double Shotguns and Rifles
Sidelock
Sidelock

CMWill-
Clearly this guy is screening your calls. When he sees your name on the caller ID, he chooses not to answer. Call him, but do this. Dial *67 then the number. When you do this, it appears as a "restricted number" on the Caller ID. He may pick up. Good luck.

Originally Posted By: vh20
Not slander, just a little good-natured ribbin'! It is interesting to note, however, that most posters still view KY as a southern state anyway, regardless ot the secession technicality. In fact, here in Alabama we have a single County which never technically seceeded (Winston Co., I believe). They were some weird times to live in, to be sure.

It's SLANDER, I say, just slander against a good fellow SEC school. I mean how would you like to be basically called an Ohioian?? *shudder*.

Seriously though, I think that all the good natured ribbin from other southerners is fun. It sure feels like the rest of the south has never quite forgiven Kentucky for not seceding with them. They certainly haven't let us forget it (or maybe those hurt feelings come from being bounced around on the hardwood in Basketball for so many years??).

My response is that they should be thankful that as the northernmost State in the south, or at least the SEC, we are holding back the flood of wacky midwesterners. *GRIN*

Interesting that you talk about Winston County not seceding. I think there were a few counties here in Mississippi that didn't secede either. The south wasn't quite as unified as some might like to think during those crazy times of the Civil War.

KB

Originally Posted By: Chris Baumohl
KYBrad3, How in the world does a good KY boy end up in MS????

This Lexington boy ended up in AL but MS!!!! LOL

Midway is a great little town and if the wind is right, it smells like &^%$....er....I mean.....MONEY, yeah, that is it!! I get to moan because I used to work on the farms during the summer!!
Chris

Ha, funny stuff. I worked at 3 Chimneys a few summers myself and you are right. That whiff in the air is definitely the smell of $$$ from the four-legged athletes. I was born and raised in Lexington though and go back for UK basketball games and Keeneland. It kills me that I can't go back for the big game against Florida this weekend... grr.

As for ending up in MS, well I went to Millsaps College here in Jackson and then had a job offer from due to that connection that I couldn't turn down.

Having an Alabamian put down Mississippi is about like a West Virginian putting down Kentucky. I mean really, its like watching brothers or cousins fighting. Y'all do have a nicer beach... but the hunting is way better over this way. LOL

KB

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mud is nastier your way too!! I have never seen stuff grab a 4 wheeler or truck and stick them so bad, especially in the Delta. Totally out of hand!

I get back for the October meet at Keeneland. Hell, we hardly get basketball coverage in the paper here. Miss that too!!

CB

Sidelock
Sidelock

To KYBrad3:

I have a friend named Anne Peters who works at Three Chimneys. Did you get to know her while you worked there?

Franchi

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ho-Hum. Just another horror story to add to the many we have heard on here time after time. No offense guys and I don't mean to be gruff but when are people going to learn not to buy stuff over the internet, sight inseen or whatever? A book or magazine is one thing but thousands of dollars for a gun unseen is.....?? Every time I hear a story where someone sent money for a gun unseen I try to imagine who is worse-the guy who ripped someone off or the guy who trusted someone to send him a gun unseen. You should know by now you are just going to get ripped off. I know everybody trusts people and people are going to continue to do it, but......??? ........Now, I tried to go lightly on you but did I scold you bad enough?

Sidelock
Sidelock

By the way we have a standing joke here in Ohio that all us Buckeye fans find amusing.......Ready?? ..... You know how to get a UK basketball fan off of your front porch? YOU PAY HIM FOR THE PIZZA !!!!! LOL

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.