May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
9 members (DSchrank, Der Ami, Guy Ave, Jtplumb, 67galaxie, 1 invisible), 663 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,500
Posts545,479
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Sidelock
Sidelock

Having grown up in the cold war era (I remember hiding under my desk in grammer school) I can honestly say that my interaction with Geno here "tore down my wall". I always enjoyed his candor and honesty, he knew how to disagree with someone without insulting them, an art that seems to be getting scarce.

My hope is that our friend didn't suffer and that his family finds strength in the good words said about him.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Geno was a true gentleman and was always direct, on topic, and an informative contributor to this forum. He will be missed.

PM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I enjoyed Geno's posts. Good guns good dogs and the love of hunting transcends distances, cultures and politics. God bless his family. God speed and good hunting Geno.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Another great enthusiast lost to us here.A wonderful gentle man who tore down barriers.
Let us all pray for his loved ones, that they may remember him as we will. Forever.
He hasn't gone, he's just waiting for us on the other side.

Sidelock
Sidelock

This is a rough translation from the link in the first post:
Gennady died, writes his son. He died this morning. I only know that for many years he visited this resource and found it necessary to write here. If you have any questions,the funeral is on Sunday.

Roger

C. Roger Bleile
Author of American Engravers-The 21st Century
FEGA Historian
www.engravingglossary.com
jmc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Very sad news. Geno's posts provided a window into the sporting life of a most intriguing land and culture that many of would have never known. I would love to learn more about the duck and goose calls he made.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I am sorry to hear about Gena.... He was definitely a "mans man". I am not so into doubles anymore and only come here a couple times a year. I was surprised to see that He had passed, and I still haven't gotten past this thread. Russ Ruppel is the one I remember telling him Gena was a girly name, and he should change it to Geno... Russ was pretty opinionated as you recall. I never quit calling him Gena, there was no girly in this man. I am hoping his children can take care of themselves by now. I think they would be young adults now, unless he had some more that I didn't know about.

This all gets me thinking about the ones we have lost from this board...... Larry Barnes, Bill Wise, Russ Ruppel, and John Mann ( I did not know he was gone until reading this thread)
They can all discuss good guns now....

Last edited by Bret Adams; 10/25/11 10:31 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Shame to lose him. We don't hear much about hunting in Russia, and Geno was a real doublegun fan as well.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Very sad when I read the news.

I suppose I'll never get the samples of Poleva slugs he said he would send.

Here he is using his "plucking machine" with one of his setters supervising.

My condolences to his family. He will be missed.

JC

"...it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."ť Charles Darwin
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hopefully some of the condolences here make their way back to his family.

I will add my own.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.