May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (Bill Davis, SKB, MattH, KY Jon, obsessed-with-doubles, 1 invisible), 259 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,505
Posts545,556
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: gunsaholic
[quote

It's an important step as it's the first roll back of government intervention in the lives of gun owners. Everyone here is already now looking forward to the next step.

Actually James, would you believe the government rolled back a regulation once before. While it was not a registry, it seems back in the teens you had to have a permit to buy and own a gun. The government repealed the law on the 26 th. of May, 1921. I found this interesting. Of course, it was reintroduced years later as the FAC. [/quote]

Ha, learn something new every day.

Quebec is threatening to take the federal government to court to stop destruction of the data. Bastards!!

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

You gotta wonder what good that would do. Once the registry is over, a particular gun could be sold legally x number of times without being registered. What would be the point of out dated records. As it is, there are many guns which do not have any serial number or identification. Sure, they supplied ID stickers if a gun didn't have a serial number, but many people didn't bother putting them on or they have fallen off. So not sure what keeping old records would accomplish. But hey, it's politicians.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I used to go up to a fishing camp on a remote lake in Ontario years ago. The was a Remington 742 rifle sitting there at all times with a loaded magazine next to it. They told me there was problems with bears.
I went up the year after the long gun registration law went into effect and the rifle wasn't there anymore. I asked and was told they still had it of course it just wasn't out in plain sight nor of course had it been registered.
Jim.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Man as bad as it is here with gun laws I guess we should be happy that we don't have "the least restrictive sporting guns regulations in the world" !

We can buy and sell as unlicensed individuals both "sporting guns" and all the others-handguns as well, among other residents of the same state here without any paperwork or other government intrusion.Its only the the interstate sales that get the paperwork (4473) and NICS call and thats supposed to disappear from any Permanent record.

Registration has always been the first step to confiscation,we should all learn from the lesson in Canada what a long hard road they will have to get rid of the laws that did nothing to stop crime .Most importantly every gun owner should, fight for every gun-not "well I only have "sporting guns" so the black rifle/hand gun bans don't affect me attitude".

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Dave K
Man as bad as it is here with gun laws I guess we should be happy that we don't have "the least restrictive sporting guns regulations in the world" !

We can buy and sell as unlicensed individuals both "sporting guns" and all the others-handguns as well, among other residents of the same state here without any paperwork or other government intrusion.Its only the the interstate sales that get the paperwork (4473) and NICS call and thats supposed to disappear from any Permanent record.

Registration has always been the first step to confiscation,we should all learn from the lesson in Canada what a long hard road they will have to get rid of the laws that did nothing to stop crime .Most importantly every gun owner should, fight for every gun-not "well I only have "sporting guns" so the black rifle/hand gun bans don't affect me attitude".

Dave, you are absolutely right. Registration is the first step to confiscation. That's what they did 15 years ago to a large proportion of handguns here.

While I only own hunting guns, we are all in this together as gun owners. It's not really about guns, it's about property rights and freedoms, at least up here.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

I should also add that there are now 6 States including my own that have told the Feds to stuff their gun regs. At this time any firearms made in Arizona and sold to residents in the State of Arizona are exempt from Federal regulation per State law.
BTW: If anyone is interested there's the "Big Sandy" machine gun shoot that open to the public this weekend in Western Arizona.
Jim

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: italiansxs
I should also add that there are now 6 States including my own that have told the Feds to stuff their gun regs. At this time any firearms made in Arizona and sold to residents in the State of Arizona are exempt from Federal regulation per State law.
BTW: If anyone is interested there's the "Big Sandy" machine gun shoot that open to the public this weekend in Western Arizona.
Jim

I don't know if it's true but I heard that Montana told the feds to ram it up their arse too.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: italiansxs

Thanks Jim. I will be not only sending this to all of my friends outside of doublegunshop but I will also be talking with my district state representative, who is a personal friend of mine. I suggest that all of you do the same. It's time we take back our country.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't understand this post. A friend with a Pal registered a gun just last week. It seems the original poster meant that a bill to scrap the registry was started, but it is still in effect.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.