May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (Argo44), 669 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,502
Posts545,506
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 18 19
Boxlock
Boxlock

deleted

Last edited by Chorizo; 10/31/11 09:09 AM. Reason: homelessjoe is a jerk

homelessjoe is a jerk
Sidelock
Sidelock

CHORIZOS' GUN LOOKS PRETTY GOOD FROM HERE, FIT AROUND LOCKS NICE AND CLEAN. I'D PAY A GRAND FOR THAT KIND OF WORK. JEFF

N Central PA
NRA Endowment
Sidelock
Sidelock

Guys,
There is no snobbery going on. For $1000, Mr. Godays work is just that, a $1000 stock job. Thats not a bash and if you're taking it that way, that was not my intention.

Old Colonel,
Regardles of the style of locks, the inletting on a high quality stock job will look very similar to the pictures of the inletting that SDH posted. Take a look at any H&H sidelock, new or old, the inletting looks nothing like Mr. Godays work and I suspect that 95% of Mr. Godays work is done on H&H style sidelocks. Like I said earlier, Mr. Goday has cut corners inletting the stock, which is fine if you're someone who doesnt care much about the finer details of stockmaking. There are many here who could give a rats ass how the inside of the stock looks, most people are more concerned with how the stock looks and feels externally anyways. I understand all of that.

Chorizo,
Adam is young...he has alot to learn yet. He's got a good headstart, but he still has lots to learn.
And Homelessjoe is un biased when it comes to being rude, its what he does, again...get used to it, everyone else has.

Dustin

Boxlock
Boxlock

deleted

Last edited by Chorizo; 10/31/11 09:09 AM. Reason: homelessjoe is a jerk

homelessjoe is a jerk
Sidelock
Sidelock

Chorizo,
I may be wrong, but you sure seem to be taking this a bit personally. Please don't. Just because you fail to the see the differences, doesn't mean there isn't any. Open your eyes and mind. I will try to show you that all stocks are in fact...not created equal.

Specifics. Look at the pictures of Mr. Godays inletting of the locks, instead of taking the time to inlet into the wood spaces for each peice of the lock to "fit" into, he just hollows out a massive area to accomodate the locks. This is the best example of cutting corners that I can provide you. It's blatantly obvious. I will provide pictures.

This work is "HIGH QUALITY" (Woodward Automatic)

This again is "HIGH QUALITY" (H&H hammergun)

Another example of "High Quality" (H&H O/U)

Quality speaks for itself (Joseph Lang)

Can you now see the obvious differences in Mr. Godays work as compared to the stockwork I have pictured here?
Now pay attention to the shapes of the drop points. The shape of the nose on the stock. Now the "belly" of the stock. The shape thru the wrist. All of these things, when one cares to notice seperates the $1000 jobs from the $5000 jobs. The difference to me is obvious.
If you had your gun stocked by Mr. Goday for $1000 and you love the work, that is ALL that matters. If his work and price point gets you to that happy place, that is awesome. I mean that with all the sincerity in the world.

Dustin

Last edited by LeFusil; 10/30/11 05:15 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

And yet WHY are these fine stockers forever leaving the insides completely unfinished; raw wood just waiting to suck up gun oil like a sponge. Would a proper sealing kill them? Steve

Boxlock
Boxlock

deleted

Last edited by Chorizo; 10/31/11 09:10 AM. Reason: homelessjoe is a jerk

homelessjoe is a jerk
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: steve white
And yet WHY are these fine stockers forever leaving the insides completely unfinished; raw wood just waiting to suck up gun oil like a sponge. Would a proper sealing kill them? Steve

The stocker who made these stocks does in fact brush a small amount of finish on the inletting. And no, it doesnt kill them to do so.

Dustin

Sidelock
Sidelock

You can lead some to water but you can't make them drink....

Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree.

Page 5 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.