May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
9 members (jake van dyke, Argo44, GETTEMANS, cpa, eeb, 2 invisible), 1,035 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,502
Posts545,509
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 19 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 18 19
Sidelock
Sidelock

I guess I'll just keep using my vintage English doubles and they'll keep throwing good money at poorly constructed Spanish beasts...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Kyrie
Ah, Dustin, that was a real stretch. The question was about gun function and you wander off into 'Piece (sic) of mind is extremely functional.' Seriously?

Bottom line is highly precise inletting is a form of hidden decoration. Valuable to some and not to others. Trying to elevate a personal preference to 'higher quality' is just silly. It's not like silk skivvies with little dollar signs on them improve the quality of the fellow wearing them – other than in his own mind.

Ya. Seriously. Its obvious you know little of fine doubles and what goes into them. Maybe stick to Broomhandles eh? The original post was a question on the cost of stocking a sidelock. Prices were given, numerous reasons have been given for prices and why stockers charge a certain price. Examples given even from professional stockers who are members of this board. Seems all of that has been overlooked. A poster posted a picture a a Spanish gunstocker doing work for a price, I spoke up and explained why and how that work was being done at that price. What have you offered up sir?? Nothing, thats what. You and Mitch want me to keep explaining to you why good stockmakers charge the prices that they do, I tried doing just that. Again, you offer nothing, other than bashing what good stock work cost and why good stockers do what they do.
I'll let the professional stockers answer your questions of how functional the inletting is, I imagine the pro's on the board here are just sitting back and shaking their heads, probably do them no good to explain why they do what they do, sure it'll fall on deaf ears anyway. If you need names and numbers of good stockers, send me a pm and I'll get you in touch with some of these guys, you can ask all the questions your little hearts desire.

Glad Doug pointed out the checkering was subpar, better him than me obviously. Better be ready to explain why Doug ;-)

You want $1000 stocks? Have it man. I can care less. I've got my guns and I'm happy with what I've got too.:-)

And Mitch, I'll be leaving for Boise to do some bird hunting on Weds, be there for 5 days. Send me a PM and lets get together, I'd love to explain myself in person, I'd love to see your restocked gun too. If you dont live near Boise, I'm in southern Idaho alot, we should still try to get together and talk guns, maybe we'll both learn something new.

Dustin

Last edited by LeFusil; 10/30/11 07:20 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

How easy you think it's going to be for someone to get something corrected all the way from Spain should something not suit them ?

I'd as soon order a Russian mail order bride.

Sidelock
Sidelock

How about an English mail order bride, would you order an English mail order bride?

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)
Sidelock
Sidelock

I can only shrug, and hope you enjoy your silk undies :-)

Originally Posted By: LeFusil
Originally Posted By: Kyrie
Ah, Dustin, that was a real stretch. The question was about gun function and you wander off into 'Piece (sic) of mind is extremely functional.' Seriously?

Bottom line is highly precise inletting is a form of hidden decoration. Valuable to some and not to others. Trying to elevate a personal preference to 'higher quality' is just silly. It's not like silk skivvies with little dollar signs on them improve the quality of the fellow wearing them – other than in his own mind.

Ya. Seriously. Its obvious you know little of fine doubles and what goes into them. Maybe stick to Broomhandles eh? The original post was a question on the cost of stocking a sidelock. Prices were given, numerous reasons have been given for prices and why stockers charge a certain price. Examples given even from professional stockers who are members of this board. Seems all of that has been overlooked. A poster posted a picture a a Spanish gunstocker doing work for a price, I spoke up and explained why and how that work was being done at that price. What have you offered up sir?? Nothing, thats what. You and Mitch want me to keep explaining to you why good stockmakers charge the prices that they do, I tried doing just that. Again, you offer nothing, other than bashing what good stock work cost and why good stockers do what they do.
I'll let the professional stockers answer your questions of how functional the inletting is, I imagine the pro's on the board here are just sitting back and shaking their heads, probably do them no good to explain why they do what they do, sure it'll fall on deaf ears anyway. If you need names and numbers of good stockers, send me a pm and I'll get you in touch with some of these guys, you can ask all the questions your little hearts desire.

Glad Doug pointed out the checkering was subpar, better him than me obviously. Better be ready to explain why Doug ;-)

You want $1000 stocks? Have it man. I can care less. I've got my guns and I'm happy with what I've got too.:-)

And Mitch, I'll be leaving for Boise to do some bird hunting on Weds, be there for 5 days. Send me a PM and lets get together, I'd love to explain myself in person, I'd love to see your restocked gun too. If you dont live near Boise, I'm in southern Idaho alot, we should still try to get together and talk guns, maybe we'll both learn something new.

Dustin

Boxlock
Boxlock

deleted

Last edited by Chorizo; 10/31/11 09:07 AM. Reason: homelessjoe is a jerk

homelessjoe is a jerk
Sidelock
Sidelock

As broke as I am I'd be doing good to get a mail order Spanish bride blush

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe

Good one jOe

Sidelock
Sidelock

CHORIZO, PRETTY SAD WHAT YOU POSTED TO DUSTIN. YOU BOTH LIKE DOUBLES BUT YOU HAVE NOTHING IN COMMON BECAUSE HE KNOWS HIGH QUALITY WORK. HE ADMITS HE CAN'T AFFORD IT, I CAN'T EITHER BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN I DON'T LIKE IT. I SHOOT AN ARRIETA BECAUSE I CAN'T AFFORD A HOLLAND & HOLLAND. JEFF

N Central PA
NRA Endowment
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe

Go for it. Chorizo is right abut your cultural impediment.

Page 7 of 19 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.