May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (Wild Skies, jake van dyke), 994 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,502
Posts545,509
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 19 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 18 19
Boxlock
Boxlock

deleted

Last edited by Chorizo; 10/31/11 09:06 AM. Reason: homelessjoe is a jerk

homelessjoe is a jerk
Sidelock
Sidelock

It's a pity that this has become more about people than guns.

In terms of guns, an English shotgun and a Spanish shotgun are functionally identical. Both work well, last nearly forever, and are a delight to handle. A top end Spanish gun is finished about 90% as well as a top end English gun, and costs about 10% of what the English gun costs.

For some folks, that last 10% of cosmetic work is worth the 90% greater cost. Nothing wrong with that, and more power to them. For other folks, a 90% drop in cost is well worth the 10% drop in looks. Nothing wrong with that, and more power to them.

Where I start objecting is when either side gets their nose in the air.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Price Point..........

For a little extra I am sure Mr.Diego Godoy would "fill to point" to give the interior a nice "routered" look if that trips your trigger or blows your dress..........and then it could be gold leafed AND YOU WOULD STILL BE THOUSANDS AHEAD.....THOUSANDS..........

Are sidelocks & hammers, internally unseen, better if they are engine turned or plain....does the function change or does it just blow someones dress up and down and lead somebody to think the parts are better made......?..........

You guys are beating up Mitch over nothing, rather than complementing him on his guns............which are super nice.........

I think if you have a couple of new Purdey's or H & H's in your Bentley or Rolls Royce or Ferrari, then you can look down your nose........and if that's the case, most of us wouldn't want to talk with you anyway...........

Doug

Boxlock
Boxlock

deleted

Last edited by Chorizo; 10/31/11 09:06 AM. Reason: homelessjoe is a jerk

homelessjoe is a jerk
Sidelock
Sidelock

It is remarkable that we are all in many ways passionate about our guns, our opinions, and that is good. Good guns are worth talking about. I respect the work shown by all the examples posted to include the the work done in Spain. I am in awe of the talented craftsman who create the guns we love.

For the money I am convinced the work done by Mr Goday is of value. I am also convinced that the percentage ratio noted in an earlier post of 90% of the quality for 10% of the cost maybe off a bit. I do believe that we (gun buyers) pay a permium for Brit guns when compared to the best from Spain, Italy, Belgium, or Germany, and that things are worth what people are willing to pay. If I had it I might pay as much as others can or do. I think its great that some of us have found a way of getting great gun work for the dollar.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

Some on this board never cease to amaze me.....

I never made the claim that Senior Diego's work was equal to a London Best. All I did was make mention that a restock job from him cost less than a $1000. Which is a bargain!

"Little Creek", who started this thread, asked about the cost of a restock job for his AYA sidelock. Wouldn't it make sense to recommend a stocking of this quaility for an AYA???????

Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
Indeed, Suh, it is. Our friend Joe is a virtual "cheerleader" for getting today's generation of gun buyers away from the plastic stocked $1500 plus auto=loaders

You're kidding, right? Are you new to this forum?

Originally Posted By: LeFusil

Chorizo,
Adam is young...he has alot to learn yet. He's got a good headstart, but he still has lots to learn.

Don't we all?

Mitch, please post photos of the gun when it's complete.

Thanks,
Adam

Sidelock
Sidelock

What logistics are involved in sending a gun to Spain for restocking? I know how hard and lengthy the process is to bring a gun into the US from Sweden as a purchase. My purchases from the fall 2010 auctions in Sweden have just made it to Chicago.

Steve
Sidelock
Sidelock

Chorizo and Kyrie have posted some very helpful information on another forum about buying guns in Spain directly, having them restocked and imported to the US. SGW Spanish Forum

If you are looking to round trip a gun from the US to Spain, call Shari Buchanan at Griffin & Howe. TR Imports might be able to help you as well. TR Imports If you are sending one gun over, it can be costly - if you can aggregate some guns for the shipment, it becomes more cost effective.

Last edited by Doverham; 10/31/11 08:39 AM.

Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Somehwat off topic here so I apologize in adavance.

Can a PoW grip be altered to a straight/english stock?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
I guess I'll just keep using my vintage English doubles and they'll keep throwing good money at poorly constructed Spanish beasts...

Interesting, I wonder why some many Brit makers are now buying these "poorly constructed" Spanish guns in the white and finishing them in the UK, or why the AyA No. 2 remains one of the top selling guns in the UK.

Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there.
Page 8 of 19 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.