March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (Licensed to kill, bigblock, Der Ami, JDH, Jtplumb, 1 invisible), 361 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,993
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

That's a splendid gun any way you look at it. My 1911 VH 30-inch was F/F and opened to IC/M for gunning over decoys. A glance at the flats and you'd think Jim Gary and Walter King stamped them yesterday. Plain as pudding but what a gun! Newf did a great job restocking it for me.

Sidelock
Sidelock

If it is an original Parker stock, the serial number will be stamped in the wood under the trigger guard tang. A PGCA letter for forty bucks will give information about a wood upgrade, if original. I have a 16 gauge VH with a little bit of figure in the buttstock that is proved to be an original upgrade by a PGCA letter. However, my stock is nowhere near as nice as yours. Requests in Parker Brothers orders for nice wood are not unheard of. Get the letter.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I ordered (tomorrow) the letter at your suggestion. I didn't remove the tang to check if the # is on it, and won't. Whatever, if it's a restock, the stocker did a helluva job.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
Interesting point about mechanics changing on lower grades. Lefevers lost the dolls head on DS and I grades, but still don't wear out. Any others whose mechanics change on the lower grades?

Parkers; They lost the Doll's Head on the Trojan. Not of course mechanical but the Trojan lost a lot of the frame sculpting as well, just not as good looking gun in many folks opinion.
DS & I Lefevers also lost the cocking indicators, though there have also been a few very high grades turn up without those as they didn't fit in well to the engraving pattern.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.