April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Tom Shaffer, CJF, SKB, 2 invisible), 702 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,484
Posts545,265
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hi lads
Hope you all had a grand Christmas, n I hope we all have a good 2012
I just wanted to post something along the lines of how we're all lucky to not be in the Silent Guns section, n how we all dearly love out hobby of shooting or collecting these masterpieces of an age passed by
Lets try to all be nice is all I mean
It was rather ugly there for a while, though better lately.
I have said a few not so nice things to RWTF & ol'Ed, & I would like to apologize for them in the spirit of a new & friendly 2012 here at this lovely place where we can come chat to people with the same interests.
I had a dumb row with Le Fusil/Dustin a while ago, but after an Email or two we got it sorted & I would say we would be friends now, if we met ...I was real happy about that, so thanks Dusty for being a gent!
I think so much of so many of you guys...lets keep it cosy this year, eh?
And thanks to Dave Weber for letting us visit
Bless the lot of ya
Franc

[/b][b]

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'd like to be the 1st to 2nd Franc Otte's post. Life is entirely too short to be anything but kind and gentle. I believe that everyone here has something to offer: A story to tell, a bit of knowledge about a particulary obscure subject or perhaps just a compliment to share. There is enough animosity and ill will in our world today. Let this forum be an island of good will and respect. Kudos to Dave Weber for putting up with us.

Best Regards and a Happy 2012.......George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well ok, but let's not get too sappy about it. The physical threats and so forth have to go, but a little difference of opinion is good for all; thats how we learn....Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well said, George. IMO=-every Vet who posts on this here Dave Weber web-site thingy, owes you big-time for sharing the story about the twice decorated Purple Heart soldier- who tried to pawn his two medals recently at a pawn shop in Holland, MI--

As far as Franc (Frank?) Ott and his comments- No Big Deal. I get ridden hard and put up wet by the major league %$#-holes on the Professional Golfers Caddying Assn.-- but I still have my set of Haig Ultras and a 3 handicap-- I rather like reading all the negatives that get posted here (and on other sites), because it keeps me sharp and alert-too easy to get in a groove and only BS with those few that might agree with you- what's the fun in that-- and also, I buy 100% 24/7/365 the words of wisdom from Vito Andolini-- "Kepp your friends close, and your enemies even closer"!Salud!!!

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

looking forward to exchanging ideas and learning from the gentlemen members of this forum. happy new year to all! ed

Last edited by ed good; 12/29/11 10:23 AM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Happy New Year to all and may this great forum get greater! Bobby

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
but I still have my set of Haig Ultras and a 3 handicap--

RWTF

I have a new respect for you!! smile I ditched my Ken Venturi blades years ago!!

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Geo' n RWTF,Of course , nothing wrong with a bit of colourful argumentative discourse ,but not to long ago a few folks were talking about leaving due to alot of crap on here.I didn't visit much for a while myself.
I'm just hoping we can all be civil thats all,as most have been.
I meant it in a positive ,well meaning way .
But we don't need Sappy...now I will be right back with Hot Chocolate n cookies for all the gang, lol
My NY resolutions never seem to last very long anyhow, you mean bunch of !#@@&%'ers you, smile haha
cheers
Franc

Sidelock
Sidelock

Group hug!

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.