May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (Don Zahringer, Lloyd3, Researcher, buckstix, 2 invisible), 257 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,547
Posts546,164
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: PA24
Originally Posted By: wburns
Bush's Patriot Act did more for loss of freedom than anything else. You can thank him for the downward spiral.

Yeah, you're right....it's all Bush's fault......wake up.......

I am not denying this administrations faults, but one cannot disregard the impact that the Patriot Act has had which was implemented under the Republicans. It set forth the major action of stripping personal liberties IMO. I think both parties suck.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm sure every US citizen will sleep better tonight now that those Canadian terrorists with their 40-82s have been disabled from handloading sufficient ammo to seize and burn the Whitehouse again!

You can't believe the headaches that have been imposed on Canadian shooters with these stupid restrictions and how these rules are hurting the economic recovery. I used to spend at least $12000 a year on components from the US. Those monies now have to go elsewhere.

"A Stranger is a Friend we haven't Met"
GJZ Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Fortress America, brought to you by the Dept. of National Hysteria.

Sidelock
Sidelock

So apparently there's no dropping a few empty cartridge cases in the mail to a friend over the pond to keep his favorite antique rifle chugging along.

I've seen that more than once and thought it was a very nice gesture.
No being friends anymore.
The 577/450 MH may be a belt feed conversion outfitted with nite vision and have a handguard thingy.

CptCurl Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The 577/450 MH is the real danger in the bunch. After all, it originally was developed for military purposes.

Quote:
So apparently there's no dropping a few empty cartridge cases in the mail to a friend over the pond to keep his favorite antique rifle chugging along.

Evidently such neighborly gestures might land you 1 to 5 in the federal pen.

Curl

Sidelock
Sidelock

I suppose they will be registering lathes in case you might want to turn some out of bar stock.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: CptCurl

Let's just go ahead and bring back the Star Chamber and the torture dungeon in the Tower of London. Oh hell, I guess that's been done already by the CIA. I forgot. We are in the proud business of holding people under harsh conditions, incommunicado, in secret prisons beyond American shores.

Curl

Not to hijack the hijacking . . . but back in WWII, that arch conservative FDR didn't bother with holding German spies and saboteurs under harsh conditions. Nope. He had them tried via military tribunal (which process the Supreme Court OK'd) and, in most cases, executed. The Brits took the same category of unlawful combattants and used a slightly different approach, which was: "OK Fritz, you have a choice. Either we hang you, or else you can cooperate with us." Most of the German spies and saboteurs chose the latter course. As a result, the reports back to the Fatherland from those "German agents" helped to deceive the Nazis about our D-Day plans, convincing them that Normandy was only a feint and that the major invasion would come at the Pas de Calais.

As for the prisoners we've held at Gitmo . . . I've read reports that something like 20-30% of those we've released because the lawyers thought the evidence was insufficient have been either killed or recaptured, back to their old terrorist ways, in Afghanistan.

Sometimes we need to remember that we didn't coddle the enemy last time someone launched an attack on our soil (WWII) . . . and we won that one.

Sidelock
Sidelock

CptCurl,
Canada welcomes new manufacturing business.Perhaps Jamieson Brass should consider relocating to Canada?One wonders what trade barriers they might face exporting Canadian made brass, as described in an earlier post;into terrorist free U.S.A.?

Roy Hebbes
Sidelock
Sidelock

Once they're convicted, they won't be welcome in Canada.

A few years back, they were turning back people with 30 year old pleas to minor possession charges on the grounds that they were convicted drug criminals.

fiery, dependable, occasionally transcendent
Sidelock
Sidelock

Are the laws on exporting firearms ammunition or components clear of not? I thought it was clear that any ammo or components required an export license for each shipment.

I would believe that a company in the business of selling ammo and components would know and adhere to having the right paperwork on exporting.

Did I miss some part of the story? Are obsolete or rare ammunition exempted and I did not know it?
While no-one honestly believes what these guys shipped was a terrorist. It is unclear in the articles if the charges were based on a good intention misunderstanding of the rules; or if there were previous warnings prior to the raft of charges?
While the BATF does have a well deserved bad rep, before I hear more details I am not ready to throw them under the bus

I know I have had challenges trying to get reloading components from Italy (like number overshot cards) as I cant get anyone willing to ship them to me.

US sourced ammunition through the mail is an actual security issue in some countries (like mexico, not canada or new zealand)

Last edited by old colonel; 03/25/12 09:11 PM.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.