May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (graybeardtmm3, obsessed-with-doubles, 1 invisible), 202 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,545
Posts546,124
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
CJO Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Mike it weighs 8 lbs 6oz, 2 7/8" chambers....and it's a pleasure to shoot with those loads
I was just fooling around with them because I had two full boxes left and wanted to see what it would do...will shoot 7/8 oz reloads out of it for the most part from now on.
More pictures on the way...

CJ

The taste of poor quality lingers long after the cheap price is forgotten.........
CJO Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Here's the stock checkering...28 lines on the pannels and 24 on the grip.

Not like the original style but I think it works

The taste of poor quality lingers long after the cheap price is forgotten.........
Sidelock
Sidelock

CJ, very nice work to include your superb heading and inletting. I like that wood! These custom Foxes really stand out and especially so with "honey and smoke" stocks.

Not to hijack your thread my friend, but here's another one on a Super Fox that was factory ordered with many bells & whistles.... XE stock, Kautzky single trigger/rear, cheekpiece, monte-carlo comb, swivels and Silver's pad. Original stock was trashed when I got the gun, and this one was done in Turkish by ACGG stocker Craig Libhart to its original manufacturing card specs and weight. Frank

I AM SILVERS, NOT SLIVER = two different members. I'm in the northeast, the other member is in MT.
CJO Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks Frank…no problem, got lots of pictures left to post.
That’s a nice piece of wood on your gun…I was just down in Ohio and picked up a few great Turkish blanks myself…but that’s material for another thread
As you know from our previous conversations this gun I have was never going to be seen as original because of its unfortunate past, so it was a good canvas to paint a new picture, so that’s what I’ve tried to do….more pictures on the way

CJ

Sidelock
Sidelock

Very tasefully done. Is that a true continuous wrap around behind the tang? Very challenging for a point pattern. I'm a fan of execution versus flair and you certainly seem to have nailed it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

CJ, you did wonderful work on that canvas!

I had a friend email to me about that swivel eye. Yep that's the original one that Fox-Phila put on the Super.

I assume Mike asked about the Super Fox. If so, the checkering at the top of the wrist doesn't wrap over. We had the original XE grade stock to use as a model, and this one duplicates its checkering.

I AM SILVERS, NOT SLIVER = two different members. I'm in the northeast, the other member is in MT.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Silvers
I assume Mike asked about the Super Fox. If so, the checkering at the top of the wrist doesn't wrap over. We had the original XE grade stock to use as a model, and this one duplicates its checkering.

Actually, Frank, I was referring to CJ's checkering wraparound behind his triggerguard. Tang was the wrong word, sorry for the confusion. I knew yours was a true restoration so I'd assume the panels probably meet at a point on top of the wrist? In duplicating the original style did you alter the dimensions to fit or were the originals close enough?

CJO Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Yes Mike it's a full wrap around.
Checkered butt and a very slender semibeavertail...

Sidelock
Sidelock

There ya go! I'll wraparound on a fill pattern, but ending in a forward point border? Superb.

I don't see any plugs...how did you balance that manly gun without adding a half-pound radial?

I hope you're a good shot, because you can't hide when you carry a gun like that. smile whistle

CJO Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Mike I can hold my own wink besides it's a Fox it almost shoots it self......no plugs needed the wood is heavy and dense and has almost 15" of pull, the forward forend wood levels off the weight well...it's balaced just about 1/2" in front of the hinge pin

CJ

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.