Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#274118 04/06/12 02:08 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Graham Greener is publishing a new book on Greeners with updates and additions. Below is his response to me today;

Hello Leighton,
My new book is presently being designed, I expect this to be finished in a few weeks so printing and binding should take another few weeks and then it will be on the market. After some delays by the intended publisher last year I have taken the bull by the horns and decided to design and publish it though our company instead. My target for releasing it is September this year but I expect it to be during the summer. I also aim to have it priced the same as The Greener Story and it should be the same length size etc. I will let you know when it is released.

Kind regards

Graham

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stallones:
Any hint on what the content may be? "The Greener Story" seems fairly comprehensive. Then again, perhaps not in Graham's view.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I know that several models and pictures that were not in the first book will be discussed. He told me this is not a second edition,but a enlarged and with seperate items. Some of my Greeners that I own or have owned will be in it, I understand. For a better answer, I do not know what the new content will be.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have just received a very nice e-mail from Graham Greener. He tells me that his new book will be called 'The Greener Collections' and will be about various Greener guns held in private collections around the world. He is however also starting work on a revised and updated version of The Greener Story sometime next year. This will also hopefully include an unusual shotgun by Theophilus Murcott, whom Greeners bought out, that I have in my collection and appears to be a prototype Facile Princeps action gun. Something of an enigma to both myself and Greeners. Lagopus.....

Sidelock
Sidelock

I knew Graham was working on an updated version of The Greener Story but did not know about the new book "The Greener Collections." Looking forward to both books.

Graham is a great guy and has done so much for W.W. Greener owners worldwide.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Graham Greener was very kind and useful with me too.
I'm waiting anxiously for the new book!
I've found this:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Graham-Greener/e/B00684ELDO

Sidelock
Sidelock

I am in the market for a 16 gauge sidelock Greener.

If anyone has one or knows someone that does please let me know.

Thanks,
Cdog

Sidelock
Sidelock

Any original Greener Sidelock is like rocking horse manure.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: salopian
Any original Greener Sidelock is like rocking horse manure.

They are around. I own a 12 bore sidelock, L-80, all original with original case and accessories.

Page 108 of the Greener Story states that about half of the W.W. Greener hand made guns were sidelocks. That statement though is quantified by mentioning the number of hammer guns that were produced using some sort of sidelock mechanism.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Coool.

Any pics? I would love to see that gun.

I almost bought this 12g a while ago, back when Steve Barnett had it for a lot less $$$$. Not sure of the grade:

http://www.gamefairltd.com/10765_Greener.html

The stock on that gun has been converted to straight grip. It didn't have that pad when I saw it.

OWD

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.