April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Hammergun, Fudd, fallschirmjaeger, Parabola), 1,068 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,475
Posts545,171
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
Sidelock
Sidelock

It is altogether fitting that Tony, who gave new life to old guns, passed into eternity on the eve of the day we celebrate the resurrection of the One who can give new life to all. It was a privilege to know Tony on this BBS, and lift him in prayer early in the mornings.

Our prayers will now be for the comfort and blessing of his family who carry on in his absence.

Godspeed, Tony. You showed us how to live well, and you showed us how to die well.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

So very sad. I kept hoping Tony would pop up amongst all these comments and say "the rumor of my death has been greatly exagerated". Such a kind spirit, positive outlook and so talented. May God's peace be with his family.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony was an inspiration to me. Whenever I thought I had it bad and things was not going as I had expected, I would sit here at this site and see his posts and say to myself how if he can face what he is facing and always kept a positive outlook then how can I begin to complain about my trival problems.
He was such a stong person.
I had just sent him a PM on Friday asking about his book and wanting to buy two copies. He responded almost imediatly back.That was the way he was, he seemed to care for all here on this forum.
Never ever meeting him I feel like he was a friend and I enjoyed the time I got to read his posts and hear his stories.

Mike Proctor
RMC Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

All we know of Tony are words and photos on a screen and a thousand miles of ocean between us and yet we are saddened by the loss of a brother. Without this contraption in front of us we would not have been blessed by this wonderful man, father, and husband. God bless you Tony, and peace to your family. Randy

RMC
Sidelock
Sidelock

R.I.P, condolances to his family, too young by far, Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

I belong to a number of forums which reflect my interests. Over the years I have built up mental images of many of the contributors, I have met some of them, I have corresponded privately with many and spoken on the phone with others. Ive never counted how many there are but I do count them all as friends. There is an anticipatory glow to each daily visit to the forum concerned which I very much look forward to, knowing there may be a little banter, but almost certainly some new, interesting information that will enhance my enjoyment of my interests.

Until he was taken from us, Tony was part of this and his posts were often the ones I turned to first. We corresponded briefly about the H Clarke he restored. However the gun that is most special for me is his Purdey bar-in-wood and which he was working on to the very end. Its special because I know young Will will value it all his life as a most precious gift, one which, every time he handles it, will remind him of his wonderful Pa.

I shall miss my regular intake of Tonys posts here, though not half as much as his family will miss their very special man. They are in my thoughts and prayers. For Tony, now at peace and free of pain, I wish you good shooting up there, I give thanks for your life and especially for the gifts you gave us on this forum.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Very sad when someone so young and talented like Tony passes away. Prayers to his wife and children.

Last edited by Dave K; 04/09/12 06:55 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

God bless you Tony. Thank you for your kindness, and for your example.

Last edited by weak ejector; 04/09/12 12:22 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

A dignified gentlemen to the end. Rest in peace Tony.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony will be missed here. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Robert D.

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.