March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (Jtplumb, JDH, craigd, JayCee, Gunning Bird, 1 invisible), 347 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,991
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Sidelock
Sidelock

Outrageous! A fine man gone too soon. Outrageous. Love to his wife and beautiful children. Chopperlump. Ed Dvorak Jr.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Condolences to his wife, children, and other family.

PA24 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I sent this link to Marie BTW...

Marie is extremely appreciative and has sent this link on to Tony's parents to show them how much he was appreciated on this website and the overwhelming response. Gentleman, all hearts have been warmed by your kind words. Marie said she will respond here from Tony's PC to thank everyone or through me with her words.

Marie said: "I'm also going to print the pages out and keep them so when Izzy is older she too can see how very special her Dad was."

So very kind of all who posted here.

Best,

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

I am so sorry to hear of Tony Treadwell' passing. He was such a positive and generous presence. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I am sorry to hear of his passing.

-Shoot Straight, IM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sad indeed.
My thoughts are with his family at this time.
R.I.P.
Greg.

PA24 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Posted for Marie Treadwell, 4-09-2012

From Marie Treadwell:

I'm struggling to find the words to describe how moved I am by the powerful words you have all written in Tony's memory. He was quite a character and never ever gave up on anything even when he was given only weeks to live. It is true that only hours before going into hospital he was still emailing friends and oiling his gun stock, even though he was unable to stand and was very breathless.

Tony and I have been together for nearly 25 years and there was never a dull moment, with the arrival of our children Will and then later Izzy the adventure never stopped , there were just more of us Treadwells enjoying it !

Will and I will continue to shoot Tony's beautiful restorations he proudly left to us and Izzy is already very keen but struggles to hold the gun at only 3 years old. His passion for restoring and enjoying vintage shotguns and the amazing people he met along the way were so very important to him during the most difficult time of his life and I thank you all for being there for him--we miss him terribly, Tony has left a huge hole in our lives and your words and thoughts mean a great deal to us--I intend to keep them safe for Will and Izzy to read when they're older to help keep Tony's memory alive and help them remember just how very special their dad was.

My very best wishes to you all, Marie xx

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

In a P.M.last year Tony stated;"My way of coping is to keep mad busy!"this he did to the very end.
In addition to his many interesting and informative posts on this forum,Tony made a significant effort defeat those who wanted to strike the name of Birmingham Gun quarter from the city map.I am sure this will not be forgoten by his many friends in the Birmingham gun trade.
To Tony,s wife and children, sincere condolences in your tragic loss.

Roy Hebbes
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Very sad surprise! Only last week we were positively discussing Tony's book with a friend.

All has been said before. I can only express my deepest sympathies to Marie, Will, Izzy and all
his family and friends. Tony will be dearly missed.

JC

"...it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."ť Charles Darwin
Sidelock
Sidelock

I always feel that anything we say when something this tragic happens just isn't going to be anywhere near sufficient and will not bring any comfort to the grieving family. As usual, I was wrong.

I'm not going to be foolish and call Tony a friend of mine, the only contact I ever had with him was the exchange of a few private messages concerning patents and Lancaster mechanisms. With that said, just with the minimal communication we did have, he struck me as a fella I would've really have liked and enjoyed to get to know better. Tony is "that guy" who would stop on the side of the road and help out a complete stranger and treat them like family. Help you out, make sure you are ok and stay with you until help arrived. In this day and age...a rare and most admirable quality to possess.

Like everyone else here, I'll miss his post and helpful nature, but the thing I'll miss even more is his big heart. He sure brought alot to the table and set a pretty high standard in regards toughness in the face of adversity and especially "brotherly love". I think its safe to say that Mr. Treadwell was indeed a "good guy". :-)

Rest easy Tony.

Dustin

Last edited by LeFusil; 04/10/12 11:28 AM.
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.