May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
8 members (bsteele, Lloyd3, Jimmy W, Mark II, Hammergun, Dale May), 1,085 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,503
Posts545,524
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Shane T Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks again. I feel that I really lucked out with finding this girl. And was able to get ahold of her for a good good price too.

While we're on it. Would the non gold inlays for Belgium in this time period be silver or platinum?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think it would depend on the level of adornment and I would like to think it was platinum. But platinum is harder that hammered He!! with the melting point quite high, being about double that of silver.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Shane T Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I was thinking that too. But, realizing that it was often used in vents. I figured I should ask.

This is the only one I have seen with double octagonal to round barrels, with or without flutes. It makes for a gun a bit on the heavy side. I was thinking it may have been specifically for firing heavier loads to reach out/up to higher flying geese and such.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Probably side tube reinforcement that distracts the eye via adornment. Put it to work. Load it up and top it off with some #2 Bismuth and not much will escape you. There's a blast to shoot, after you become accustom to the slight delay, & even more astounding while watching.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Shane T Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Oh I have. I got proper humiliated by some woodies last year and stood up by Geese. This year I'll gettem!

Going to get going on the patterning soon. I've been playing around making up some shot/wad/card/cup cartridges like the Eley patent cartridges. I hope to be able to develop good load recipes using them. Only way I'll be able to keep up with my modern shooting buddies chasing quail.

Also need to work out that shoot, take a step to the side to see around the smoke, shoot again dance. lol

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ellenbr
Oh Peter, you come along and wreck the whole party. I've seen several Belgian longarms in the Congo. But I can tell you they've moved on from the muzzle-loaders.

Um, a 1st stab at the name is E./F. Screreas?

Don't know of any mechanic with that name so how about Francois Schepers as both mechanics have 8 letters:

http://www.littlegun.be/arme%20belge/artisans%20identifies%20s/a%20schepers%20gb.htm

Here is a batch ready for export from the 1930's. No one claimed this trade is going on.

Schepers was around during the muzzle loader period. He held 6 patents for improving a muzzle loader.

I still maintain that this was a presentation piece. While not on the par with a gun made for royalty, it is well above the common.

Peter

Sidelock
Sidelock

While not nearly as nice as Shane's gun, I have a 14ga with similar barrels. The gun is much plainer without all the fine engraving and checkering.

tunes

"It's a good day for something"
Shane T Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

That is very similar.

I like the way the worm is set up and held on. Is it threaded on or ??????

Sidelock
Sidelock

It's threaded on, just unscrew it and reverse to use.

"It's a good day for something"
Shane T Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Nice. I'm going to have to make something similar for mine. I hate having to carry a separate worm.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.