May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Toby Barclay, Lloyd3, SKB, 1 invisible), 518 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,429
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 30 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 29 30
Sidelock
Sidelock

Oh, I don't worry about the levee, per say, Joe-it's more of a hypothetical discussion thing-when you become more refined in your reading skills and use of the board, it will be much easier for you to spot. I have plenty of guns, (the only autos are .22s, mostly for the kids to use at gun safety classes) but, I seriously doubt anybody has much to fear from them-even the real lefties, no shortage of those here in MN.
What I truly fear, is stumbling on a really fat, beer gutted, camo wearing turkey hunter, with a double, in the woods, in the middle of a coronary event. 'Cause, I know, I'll have to begin treatment for same, and the thought 'kinda grosses me out. So, I'll kick at him for a while, before I get started in earnest.

So, did you draw a turkey tag this season?
Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

"I seriously doubt anybody has much to fear from them-even the real lefties"

Ted, Mayor Guliani banned 10/22s as assault weapons in NYC. There is no limit to the grabbers desires.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted I figure you don't get far enough from the road to worry about running into me.

Which cult you belong to Ted....don't drink the Cool-aid.

Sidelock
Sidelock

None here will be final arbiters on that one, marklart. jack maloney, however, has come closest to my feelings about the issues of responsibility and liberty---and justice.

Somehow or another, perhaps from the way Canada developed from a colony, society here accepted---chose---laws that placed limitations on use and ownership i.e. pistols, machine guns etc which have been in effect for more than 75 years.

Sportsmen saw the regulations as reasonable but drew the line on registration of our long-guns. As reported earlier, I expect to see reversal of that policy.Canadians, however, don't think of taking up arms against their governments.

It's unimaginable for me that Americans would ever find a valid reason to do otherwise. They make their own laws which one way or another impose limitations and promote pursuit of happiness providing it doesn't trammel the rights of others.

My opinion is no more valid than yours, of course, and it is influenced by my reporting in the 60s of good folks in Missouri's James and Younger country selling bazookas and Garands from their garages to take on Washington.

It was as abhorrent to me as our killing seals is to Americans.

Last edited by King Brown; 02/23/07 12:27 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

From Ted Blathers posts you can see we have some extrememists.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry if this has been said before, but I don't have time to read 5 pages of comment.
I compete with military rifles and my AR-15 shoots 1" 5 shot groups at 100 yards. If anyone thinks these rifles are just a bullet hose, they are wrong. They are one of the most accurate rifles for competition in history. Don't believe me? Check out Camp Perry every year. If it is good enough for target work, it is good enough for hunting. I've met Jim Zumbo and can say I enjoy his mule deer experetise, but don't think he is very likable. Better not put him in any P/R job.

-Shoot Straight, IM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm sure you don't sit around clutching it waiting for an imaginary levee to break like ProffessOr Ted Blather.

I've shot some 600 yard matches with bolt actions at my gun club, I shot because I enjoyed it.
The reason I lost interest was I got tired of sitting around listening to the guys dreaming of being a sniper.

I don't think the attack on Zumbo was deserving.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I am surprised at the transparent anti gun attitudes expressed by some of our posters. I can understand not personally "liking" some fellow who doesn't present the correct image when he shoots his AR or AK. I can't see the attitude that includes taking it away from him or making it illegal for him to own it. Maybe some government agency some day will get real close to taking away my AK or my A-5. However, who is going to take away the multi-million dollar track vehicle and artillery collection from someone who is a major political contributor and probably has a nine figure checking account. The "fat cats" are not going to be lie down victims of anyone's confiscation program. If you want to take my 1100 away or outlaw its ownership, someone has to go and try to take away the privately owned GE miniguns and the operational Shermans. Are our anti gunners on this site afraid of those too?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I fail to see these 'transparent anti-gun attitudes' posted that you seem to see.

I have saw some posts by people with common sense when it comes to firearms. You're right about one thing....I would have a problem with anyone owning a firearm that owns it because he believes in some dooms day.

Would you agree there are people that shouldn't own a firearm ?

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Which cult you belong to Ted....don't drink the Cool-aid.

So the mainstream shooting community is a bunch of cultists, eh? My God, you really are a crackpot extremist.

"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."
Page 7 of 30 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.