May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (SKB), 551 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,549
Posts546,209
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#275053 04/14/12 07:36 PM
PALUNC Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Was down at the club today and a guy had brought in a nice Model 21 Custom. It had two sets of barrels, 28" and 30", and he was wanting to consign it. So after he left and the gun was put on the rack I decided to take a look since I am interestd in finding myself a 21.
Well the gun had a straight stock and the ususal custom checkering. But it has a Miller triger, Hmmm must have been a double trigger gun I thought, So I decided to look at the 30" barrels. Well I could not beleive it, it had extended chokes sticking out the end and was ported! Man what a waste on such a fine Model 21!

Last edited by PALUNC; 04/14/12 07:37 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

WHAT!!!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Relax, it probably had some aftermarket barrels too.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Watched a fellow at a columbaire event shooting practice birds with a nice Model 21....he wasn't missing either. When it came time for the 10 bird race, he pulled out an O/U and I asked him why he wasn't shooting the 21 since he obviously shot it well. He replied the gun wasn't ready for serious competition yet; the stock had to be converted to an adjustable comb and the barrels ported. I could have shot him.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I know a guy who put Briley screw chokes in one of his Fabri pidgen guns. My guess -$50,000
bill

Sidelock
Sidelock

We always say "If only this gun could talk!" about historic guns. If more modern guns could talk, they'd all be shouting "LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE"!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Apparently some think it's even sexy to load 'em up with chokes;

http://www.drake.net/products/Purdey-Lon....-1989?id=28636

With client out of sight and cash quickly deposited, I sometimes wonder the eye-rolling that went on over at Audley throughout the ages. ;-)

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hey, that Purdey came factory original with the chokes so you can't claim anyone ruined it's value by modifying the original configuration. Maybe this behavior is the ultimate status symbol- sort of saying I have so much money I can screw up a gun worth $150,000 or more and think nothing of it.

Personally I prefer not to have choke tubes. Nothing but silly watching sporting clays shooters changing tubes between stations. Ported guns are a whole different crime and people shooting ported guns need to be required to fire only with other ported gun users after the range has closed! My hearing is poor enough already!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jerry V Lape
...came factory original with the chokes so you can't claim anyone ruined it's value by modifying the original configuration....

True - but I can still claim they ruined it ;-)

Originally Posted By: Jerry V Lape
...Nothing but silly watching sporting clays shooters changing tubes between stations....

I think it's real funny to watch, especially when one accidentally falls out.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have seen this many times on all the forums. Someone will tell their ideas about changing a classic shotgun they just purchased by opening the chokes, cutting the stock, porting or adding choke tubes. Then I cut in and say you are ruining just another of the dwindling supply of unmolested classic guns that are left in this world. They most likely will snap back that it's their gun and they can do as they wish. But in reality they will own it a very short time, as most of us do, and then put it up for sale in not too distant future,usually a couple years, with all their destruction added to the gun.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.