May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (Sandlapper), 261 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,546
Posts546,131
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 30 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 29 30
Sidelock
Sidelock

Don't worry I won't drink the cOOl-aid.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein

If and when the levee breaks, so to speak, put me in the catagory of well armed, if you don't mind. Actually, even if you do mind. I'll take my chances there, thank you.

Anyway, someone out there has written the book describing people in one of three catagories-wolves, sheep, and sheepdogs. It is a work on self defense, of course, and I haven't had time to read the whole thing, but I'm 'gonna, real soon.

Gotta go do some reading now.
Best,
Ted

Sounds like a cUlt to me. Ted don't drink when you read that book...it might make you think you are a Wolf.

I hope the FBI isn't reading this board.

Sidelock
Sidelock

HJ, While you were looking for the the anti-gun attitudes did you find your Million Mom March t-shirt?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Never heard of them....I'll be turkey hunting in March

Ozpa #27523 02/23/07 01:33 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

The notion offered that gun registration changed to competency licensing as an alternative has inspired me to offer this post.

When someone says that a gun owner shouldn't be using a particular gun they are saying you are not to be trusted with it. If a law is instituted saying that gun owners will nolonger be trusted with guns it does not mean if you are not a gun owner now you can own a gun later, it means no one is trusted. Gun registration is for the purpose of checking on you if your a suspect. Licensing for ownership is the change from a RIGHT to a privilege! I believe this is what King Brown holds in favor?

Jim Zumbo, I beleive, was talking without thinking and I bet he is truely regretful. His self defense with his use of his charity to to our soldiers as part of it left me wondering however. His charity to soldiers had nothing to do with his rant and I find his mention of it, advertising.

I am willing to forgive Jim's statement, since he has asked, unlike Jane Fonda or anyone proposing the licensing of U.S. gun owners.

Kurt

Last edited by ben-t; 02/23/07 01:43 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein

What I truly fear, is stumbling on a really fat, beer gutted, camo wearing turkey hunter, with a double, in the woods, in the middle of a coronary event.
Best,Ted

Ted I'll have you know I don't drink beer.

#27528 02/23/07 01:41 PM

If we're thinking about requiring competency licenses in the US, I suggest we start by licensing the right to keep and bear children.

Sample my new book at http://www.theweemadroad.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

A long time ago, in a land far away some guys came by in a big green truck and took away my trusty M14 and gave me a crappy "trial" AR 15 made by Armalite. I call it crappy because it jammed at almost any rate of fire and never fired a full magazine on full auto without jamming. I had to swap that sucker out about 10 times before I got one that worked. In all that confusion it found it's way home with me. When I got home I took it apart, gave it a good coat of oil and put it in a solid oak box along with a can of 7.62 ammo. It's been cleaned and oiled a few times over the past 40+ years (God, am I that old?) but I have never felt the need to take it to the woods or range. That AR 15 is my war weapon ..... It was then, it is now and always will be ...... and if it comes out of the box it will be to do the task it was intended for. I hope it never does ...... and when I pass it on to my grandson I hope he will never have to take it out of the box either. But ....... come to think of it ..... might be a good idea to get some fresh ammo.

Bouvier

Bouvier #27534 02/23/07 02:01 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Read this from Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership.

The quote below from their website is not trumped up fear mongering, it is actual, verifiable history.

http://www.jpfo.org/GCA_68.htm

The Nazi Weapons Law of 1938 replaced a Law on Firearms and Ammunition of April 13, 1928. The 1928 law was enacted by a center-right, freely elected German government that wanted to curb "gang activity," violent street fights between Nazi party and Communist party thugs. All firearm owners and their firearms had to be registered. Sound familiar? "Gun control" did not save democracy in Germany. It helped to make sure that the toughest criminals, the Nazis, prevailed.

The Nazis inherited lists of firearm owners and their firearms when they 'lawfully' took over in March 1933. The Nazis used these inherited registration lists to seize privately held firearms from persons who were not "reliable." Knowing exactly who owned which firearms, the Nazis had only to revoke the annual ownership permits or decline to renew them.

In 1938, five years after taking power, the Nazis enhanced the 1928 law. The Nazi Weapons Law introduced handgun control. Firearms ownership was restricted to Nazi party members and other "reliable" people.

The 1938 Nazi law barred Jews from businesses involving firearms. On November 10. 1938 -- one day after the Nazi party terror squads (the SS) savaged thousands of Jews, synagogues and Jewish businesses throughout Germany -- new regulations under the Weapons Law specifically barred Jews from owning any weapons, even clubs or knives.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Armed citizens were ment to be a check and balance. See the Federalist Papers, #47, I believe. Don't like it? Sue James Madison he wrote them. Guns are all about what you like. Shoot what you want, we are all friends here. (Except Jim, but he's out hunting dogs with a flintlock.

-Shoot Straight, IM
Page 8 of 30 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.