May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (ClapperZapper, Sandlapper, SKB, Karl Graebner, Ian Forrester, 1 invisible), 1,071 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,504
Posts545,544
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
Sidelock
Sidelock

If I ever get TV again, (unlikely) I'll check out a couple of these shows...I kinda like blowing things up....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Last Dollar
If I ever get TV again, (unlikely) I'll check out a couple of these shows...I kinda like blowing things up....
Me too- Maybe not the smell of fresh napalm in the AM (now that's a real 'dew cutter')but one reason I love the "Bridge On The River Kwai" is the ending scene, where Alex Guinness as "stiff upper lip, old chap, Col. Nickerson" falls on the plunger and we see the bridge turn into toothpicks!!

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

For those of you who want to read an interesting conversation, especially about gun shows on TV, go over to this thread
http://www.talkleft.com/story/2012/4/25/205812/674

When you read this, please keep in mind that (A) TalkLeft is - and has been - one of the leading liberal blogs in the 10 years since it was founded, (B) the "Jeralyn" who put up the post is Jeralyn Meritt, one of the leading criminal defense lawyers in Denver for many years (last time I recall her mentioning it, she did not own any guns), and (C) you might learn something - like how concerned a lot of liberals are about the Constitution and the rights it protects, including the 2d amendment (i.e., very).

The commenters are, as one might expect, all over the place, but it's a worthwhile exercise.

fiery, dependable, occasionally transcendent
Sidelock
Sidelock

“I do however AGREE WITH YOU that if you haven't taken a 3 day gun training course like the one that the Wyatts offer that I have actually taken with my wife then you SHOULD NOT be allowed to own a gun!”
Just think of the long-term possibilities the government has with this statement. Eventually a government sanctioned only safety course.

There we go with that term “safety’ again, you won’t be “safe’ if you don’t allow the government and a trained professional to teach you the proper way to handle a gun and if you don’t allow a government official to properly train you to handle a gun well then you’re not safe are you? Today its safety glasses and ear plugs, tomorrow it will be, "Where’s the government official standing there to supervise your back yard shoot. You guys aren’t “safe” and in violation of code section…."

More quotes from the Founding Fathers,
“Trade your liberty for safety then you deserve neither”

Sidelock
Sidelock

To be clear, this paragraph (which Treblig quotes):
“I do however AGREE WITH YOU that if you haven't taken a 3 day gun training course like the one that the Wyatts offer that I have actually taken with my wife then you SHOULD NOT be allowed to own a gun!” http://www.talkleft.com/comments/2012/4/25/205812/674/2#2

was not said by Jeralyn, but rather by Jesse the Snowboarder, who was featured in the episode.

OTOH, Jeralyn the criminal defense lawyer says ( http://www.talkleft.com/comments/2012/4/25/205812/674/7#7 )
Quote:
"I don't think you should advise people what they should do in their own homes and for their own protection.

If you don't want to be armed, don't be. But at least recognize that others have the right to do so, and there are arguments to be made in support of it. No one should have to rely on a dog and some people don't have the time to spend with a dog or desire to own one. I think it's really sad for dogs who are left alone all day while their owners work.

The right to bear arms is a constitutional right. People lose that right when they have been convicted of a felony or a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence. They aren't allowed to have firearms when on bond, probation or parole.

For everyone else, it's a right, and if you don't approve, don't learn about them or arm yourself.

This post encourage those who do want to protect themselves and their family with a firearm, as is their right, to do so responsibly by learning how to use and care for them properly

and more along the same lines
http://www.talkleft.com/comments/2012/4/25/205812/674/24#24
http://www.talkleft.com/comments/2012/4/25/205812/674/55#55

I agree much more with Jeralyn the lawyer than with Jesse the Snowboarder.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave, I've looked, but who was Jesse agreeing with, Jeralyn?

Sidelock
Sidelock

People like different things. Fact is, if you look at sales the AR-15 is the most popular selling firearm right now. Most manufacturer introduce double guns and discontinue them in a few years. We have a very niche community.

-Shoot Straight, IM
Sidelock
Sidelock

No, I think Jesse (comment #2) was agreeing with the guy in comment #1, who had a lower feedback rating on his comment.

http://www.talkleft.com/comments/2012/4/25/205812/674/1#1

The commenting/thead structure over there is a bit different - rating something a "5" will bump the comment up to the top of the list ahead of comments posted earlier (temporally) with a lower or no feedback rating. Then, replies to a comment will be nested off that comment. The only way of keeping track of who came first is through the commenting numbers at the very end of the string (or the time hack). In this instance, Jesse the Snowboarder did not reply directly to the comment #1 guy, so his comment #2 was not nested off comment #1.

But, to come back to why I brought this up in the first place, what you have going on over there is one of the pre-eminent blogs on the liberal side, and one that deals in crime, punishment and injustice issues every day, with the owner/lead author of it making very clear she (and by extension, the blog) supports the RKBA. That, I think, is something worth thinking about.

Last edited by Dave in Maine; 04/26/12 03:36 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Dave in Maine

But, to come back to why I brought this up in the first place, what you have going on over there is one of the pre-eminent blogs on the liberal side, and one that deals in crime, punishment and injustice issues every day, with the owner/lead author of it making very clear she (and by extension, the blog) supports the RKBA. That, I think, is something worth thinking about.

It is worth thinking about, but you cannot escape the fact that no matter how much you say you support the right to keep and bear arms, if you cast a vote for Obama this November, you are helping to erode or eliminate that right. He has been, and remains 100% against an individual right to keep and bear arms. Operation Fast and Furious proves that he and his administration would commit felonies to undermine the Second Amendment. His Supreme Court nominees share his anti gun bias. There are a million reasons not to vote for Obama, but if you think the Second Amendment is important and worth keeping, Obama has to go. No debate. No compromise.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The legal erosion of the 2cd amendment happens at the hands of the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court's members are appointed by the President.

Thus it doesn't matter who else supports the 2cd amendment, leftist or tea party member, it's the President that counts, if he has appointments to the Supreme Court to make.

Obama is anti gun and his administration will happily break the law with lethal consequences (fast and furious) to further his anti gun stance.

As an outsider, the conclusion is obvious. As Keith says, a vote for Obama is a vote against guns and against the US Constitution.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.