May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (Jtplumb), 839 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,518
Posts545,723
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
Sidelock
Sidelock

Assuming the incumbent were successfully returned in twentytwelve and unrestrained by further political ambitions, how exactly would he enact his anti-gun program in the face of a republi-con majority in the house and a distinctly unfriendly court? C'mon, tell us, Jim.

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Gnomon

Joe McCarthy was there to expose people as well. What's your point? That there are no liberal gun owners or that your opinion is the only valid one because you say so?

For someone who professes to be so brilliant that it is a waste of time to debate with us mere mortals (ref. the Global Warming thread, post #272140), you sure are stupid. I distinctly acknowledged that there are liberal gun owners... just not as many as conservatives. Once again, you attempt to mischaracterize what I've said. Again I ask the jury; stupid, or dishonest?

I also never said my opinion is the only valid one. I provided facts to refute your opinion that Obama is not a threat to gun rights. You, on the other hand, have provided nothing to show that he is anything but a threat to the Second Amendment. This is what you always do. That is what I promised to continue to spotlight and expose. That is my point. Joe McCarthy was ultimately, mostly proven wrong. Soooo... prove me wrong. Put up or shut up.

...and the dance of the Gnomoron continues.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rabbit
Assuming the incumbent were successfully returned in twentytwelve and unrestrained by further political ambitions, how exactly would he enact his anti-gun program in the face of a republi-con majority in the house and a distinctly unfriendly court? C'mon, tell us, Jim.

jack

Uh, jack, I know I'm not Jim but I've got to jump in on this. First, can you guarantee that we'll have a distinctly unfriendly "republi-con" majority in the House, or the Senate? Second, can you guarantee that Obama will not get the chance to appoint any more gun-unfriendly Supreme or Federal Court justices? Third, have you perhaps heard of the possible consequences to Second Amendment rights if Obama should ratify the U.N. Small Arms treaty?

Shall I go on? How about gun and hunting bans on federal lands via executive order, thus circumventing Congress? Perhaps more under the radar illegal ops like Fast and Furious? Or Justice department support for more frivilous lawsuits designed to injure or bankrupt the firearms industry? Or environmental regulations or consumer protections regulations designed to make shooting prohibitively expensive? Or using our hard earned tax dollars to fund more anti-gun studies via HHS and AMA?

All of that was just off the top of my head. I know there are many other possibilities. Sorry if I stole any of your thunder Jim.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith, try to read what people write without spinning it into what you think they really meant to say.

Keep up the good work!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I wouldn't be surprised if over 30% of doublegun owners are liberals.

Maybe we should ask people's opinions of this figure to determine what the percentage actually is.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Gnomon
Keith, try to read what people write without spinning it into what you think they really meant to say.

A) Please explain what you are trying to say in the quote above. I am neither a mind reader nor as brilliant as you. So far, it is you who has been mis-quoting and twisting what people say.

B) As per my previous reply directed at you... put up or shut up.

Sidelock
Sidelock

There is nothing that I write that should elicit your ad hominem comments and asides. The most charitable explanation is that you may be reading things into my statements.

It is simply my opinion (1) that a lot of liberals own guns and (2) that the Obama administration cannot change 2A. That is my opinion. You do not have to like it. I do not care if you do or if you don't.

By the way, do you think liberals owning DGs could be as high as 40%?

Sidelock
Sidelock

The reply above could prompt Dave Weber to institute random drug testing for DoubleGunshop contributors.

Sidelock
Sidelock

No guarantees, Keith, but be advised who gets your goat may not be who gets your guns. The Jim & Dave Show was around in 2008 making the same predictions should Obama be elected. They aren't worried in the least about the accuracy of their predictions. They just love screaming fire in an empty theatre and I think this one is just about to turn off the marquee and lock up. You guys almost can't find anyone to argue with you any more. What a joke.

jack

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.