May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (MattH, aw1776, old colonel, 2 invisible), 496 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,432
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 30 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 29 30
Sidelock
Sidelock

Seems to me that we have been compromising for the past fifty years. Another 20 years of common sense and there will be nothing left to comporomise.

So many guns, so little time!
Ozpa #27804 02/24/07 02:22 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I can remember taking my .22 to shop class in school and the teacher and I made a new stock for it.
We were able to walk down country roads with a gun, during hunting season without causing much alarm.

You can't even drive down some roads sightseeing without someone calling the law fearing your a threat in some areas.
Alarming?
Perhaps, but so are many other changes, we so sheepishly accept.

Pick your side and fight the battle, the war will find you regardless.

Last edited by trout1; 02/24/07 02:23 PM.
trout1 #27808 02/24/07 03:14 PM

If there's a battle over RKBA, it won't be won by crouching behind the 2nd Amendment, muttering threats and brandishing an AR.

If you want to win the battle:
- support an RKBA organization
- work for habitat
- teach kids firearm safety
- talk one-on-one with your political representatives
- participate in political caucuses - and not just from one party. The environmentalists nailed their flag to one party's mast, and it has cost them these past six years! The Second Amendment belongs to Democrats as well as Republicans.

Sample my new book at http://www.theweemadroad.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted Schefelbein....are you sure you are a US citizen ?

The FBI should consider profiling yOu...you seem like one sick puppy. Better get your medication checked bud.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Be Civil Joe.
I saw this played out in South Africa over a period of years. In the early '80's the law was changed to limit ownership to 12 guns. The Gun Owners used the same logic as Joe and said "Well we really don't NEED that gun".
Then in 2003 the law was changed to 4.
Now the Gov'mint is confiscating the fine doubles of people who "Don't NEED them". They are not issuing permits to PH's either in many cases.
"Do you really NEED that Holland & Holland 450/400. That's a self described Dangerous cartridge. Oh "dangerous game". Well we meant well to keep you from hurting someone." A friend lost a H&H Royal. Don't say it can't happen.

Anything Worth Doing is Worth Overdoing
drduc #27814 02/24/07 03:34 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Oh..I'll be civil with WaycO'Teddy...You think he's sweet on me ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jack,
What you say is correct. Teach a kid to shoot and protect the enviornment so that he can continue to shoot. Form common ground. Don't cultivate divisiveness.
Environmentalists and environmentalism in this country started with the hunting crowd. I bet most of the members here know that. Without T. Roosevelt there would be no national park system. Teddy was hated in the west because he wanted to preserve the land. The landowners wanted no restrictions.
It is the hunters who most understand and appreciate true nature and understand how quickly it is lost forever. Ducks unlimited has probably bought and preserved more wetlands than any organization or government.
How did it get to be that Democrats became the enemy and all issues are black and white and divided by party? Why would people who love guns and hunting call people who happen to be in a different political party "enviornmental wackos" (in the words of that esteemed fount of conservative wisdom, Russ Limbaugh and his ilk.)?
I have never understood the rancor and personal attacks engendered by someone with a slightly different political view?
Ted, (and jOe to the extent it applies) I think intellegent discourse is enlightening and provides room for common ground. Why do we need to move it to personal attacks and name calling? Does that somehow help us convince the other person? Somehow, that has not been my experience.
Best to All, Jake

R. Craig Clark
jakearoo(at)cox.net
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
I think everyone here would come to our Great Nations home defense if need be.
The USA is here to stay.

I imagine the Greeks, Romans, Phoenicians and Egyptions had the same feeling about their dynasties, "here to stay".

Unfortunatly, if one is willing to compromise the strengths of our consitution and ALL of its tenants, where does it stop? Me thinks the "foot in the door" analogy is one that is cogent to the discussion of our Second Amendment Rights. Any and all erosion of rights start as a small crack that will eventually become an irreversable slide if allowed to continue.

drduc #27818 02/24/07 03:46 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: drduc

The Gun Owners used the same logic as Joe and said "Well we really don't NEED that gun".

I think you read a little more into my logic than I actually meant....my Logic was come up with some 'new logic' not just stand all gun issues on the second ammendment.

I'm not a democrat or a republican in my oppinion both parties suck.
I vote Rebulican because I'm a member of the NRA.

Did you guys watch Wayne LaPiere debate that women kook from Australia a few years back ?
I just think the NRA needs some new ammo besides just standing there quoting the second ammendment.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Naw I don't think so j0e, we've all seen your turkey huntin' picture!

Page 15 of 30 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.