March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (NZHunter, L. Brown, LGF, SKB), 230 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,976
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Success Lagopus!!!on page 250 of my book it state's ...Thirty -four pointer with irregular horn's shot near little gull river ,September 1905.

On page 245 he (Millais ) tell's the tale...

"And he swung round to gallop across the open space about ten yard's broad.As he did so I fired and broke his back,giving a second shot as he tried to recover.This stag carried a beautiful set of antler's with thirty -four point's,and was by far the best I secured in 1905.

The bay's were exceptionally fine and the beam very long(46 inche's )and very broad in the centre.

What made it to me a fine trophy was it's wild nature,as it had extra point's sticking out of the main beam just above the bay's.

The whole head seemed to carry a little forest of antler's all the way up to the horns,making it very attractive.

Like so many caribou head's ,it had ,however only one good brow;the other though long ,being of the scraggy order."

If you would like to have the book let me know if I can hunt one up for you.

Chris

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here are 6 shots of my office/den if they are any use, I like the books and as Joe said, the pool table is a must smile

best, Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

Newf, I have sent you a PM. Thanks for the research.

Mike, that is an impressive trophy room. I have found that wives and taxidermy don't mix well; where do you keep yours? Lagopus.....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike, I love your room, both the trophies and your book collection. There's not so much to show with mine -- longish and narrow walkout lower level that's also my workout room.

Jay

Sidelock
Sidelock

A few pics of my Den/Man Room. Look around at antique stores and on Craigslist and you can find some good buys on antique/rustic furniture to use in the room.

The book case was a converted from a gun cabinet I built in high school wood shop class. And of course any respectable man would have a proper bird dog (Brittany) in his man room.

The desk was is an antgue mahogany knee hole desk I picked up for $50 and refinished. The antique trunk came across the pond from England. I use it to store all my 20ga ammo.

Cabinet is an old armoire I picked up for $75 that I converted to ammo/gun stuff storage with room for my humidor on the tight side.

The gobbler was killed by my son when he was 7 y/o. He shot it at 15 yards with a L.C. Smith .410! It rests on top of my safe with the two quail.

A Morow Sword from the Philippine Insurection that was passed down through the family

Sidelock
Sidelock

Emily just calls mine the "dead animal room". I resent that because there are a number of nice fish mounts on the wall in addition to the ducks, deer heads, and turkey fans...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Pre13, I canīt believe that is your dog, it is the absolute spit of my Brittany !!!, Lagopus, when I had the house built 10 years ago in the "cortijo" style I deliberately had one seperate building made for me. As you say, wives and taxidermy donīt usually go together. Problem is Iīm running out of space smile Gunflint, that looks very nice. Iīd like a few bird mounts here as well but as I said...space ? best

Sidelock
Sidelock

mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

your young you will collect things that mean something to you along the way.books, painting, photos,bird mounts. don't make it contrived or pushed, you will( if you are like the rest of us)COLLECT A LOT OF GREAT MEMORIES and memorabilia..pool table if you have room.mc

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks for the great advice and examples. So far, I've order some nice prints (of bird dogs and upland hunting scenes), vintage duck decoys, and some reproduction tin signs. I am planning on adding some nice mounts, a wallhanger, and some other stuff.

Thanks again and feel free to add more. Always looking for more inspiration.

Adam

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.