May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (R Reynolds, Jimmy W, Bret Adams, dogon, Drew Hause, Chantry), 260 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,415
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Gents,

I'm in Carlisle, PA for 2 weeks - near HArrisburg. Does anyone know of a good double gun store to see some classic guns?

Thanks,

Sincerely,
Patrick
Sidelock
Sidelock

You might try Randy Shuman and Shuman's Gun Shop in Newville just a few miles east of Carlisle. They are different businesses and I understand you need an app't to visit with Randy but I might wrong on that. You can probably find his number in the local phone list. One watchout is wasting anyone's time because of export restrictions to Japan. Bass Pro Shop off I83 in Hbg is another place. They often have classic stuff scattered among the camo stocks.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The Harrisburg Bass Pro Shop has closed its Gun Room. The only guns they have on display are new guns...mostly rifles. I happened to visit Shumans gun Shop in Newville on Friday and they have no classic guns at all...in fact only one or two late model shotguns. They deal almost entirely in new or late model rifles. Randy Shuman is in business at another location by appointment, but handles Winchesters almost exclusively. Sometimes Trop's gun shop south of Harrisburg has a shotgun or two. You might try Cabela's in Hamburg...even if there are no guns to look at the wildlife mounts are worth the trip.

CLB Offline
Boxlock
Boxlock

Roger Bain is located in Waynesboro. A nice ride down I-81 near the Maryland border. Web site says hours are by appointment.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lion Country near State College. I wouldnt suggest that a 2 hour drive is close in most instances. But for one coming from Japan...

h
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nothing like several men making time to answer a question and the guy doesn't say a thing once he gets the replies.

Sidelock
Sidelock

At the risk of putting out a second post in poor taste in the same thread:

You should be "Old Crotchety Joe" for calling out a US Marine coming over from Japan because he did'nt lick your boots within 48 hours. He might have been wheels up for the last 36 hours for all you know.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not "near", but within a day trip, Elmira Arms in Gillett, PA straight north of you about 3 hrs. I've never been there, but have seen fine guns listed for yrs on their website. Checkout their website and call them to see if it's worth your time.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Gents,

Thanks for the replies - hope to have a little opportunity to look at some guns. Our time is pretty packed - only one day off - Sunday - but I hope to get out to a store or two.

My appologies to Old "Crotchety" Joe for my late reply - keep falling asleep whan I get back to the room.

Thanks again to all.

Sincerely,
Patrick
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hey Romac how bout stuffing it? You live in SE Pa, you didn't make time to reply to the man's question, then you come in like a white knight with a stupid comment about boot licking when I ask whats up. And how do you know he's a Marine training there in Carlisle? Maybe he's at the Law school? Or maybe he's just visiting a friend? If YOU have so much info on Patrick why didn't YOU help your friend first off when he asked for help? Geezze. Your reply is nothing more than a comment from the peanut gallery.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.