March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (SKB, fuhrmann), 884 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,016
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

25,26,27 inch barrels for woodcock,quail,grouse,rabbits.28 inch and longer for dove,ducks,geese.shorter barrels are easier to handle in the turkey woods also. Bobby

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Rocketman
Dr. Bob, what are the balance points (teeter-totter point) of these two guns? May explain the front heavy feel of the LC.

DDA

I will get photos of the balance point when I get home tonight.

Great-Great Grandson of D.M. Lefever
www.lefevercollectors.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

I was hoping someone else would say it so I wouldn't have to..double guns with those long barrels look really funny! I like 28" barrels; they just look like a double gun oughta. Plus, trying to get those 30 or 32" barrels out of a pickup in a hurry without wrapping the barrels around the door frame is more than I'm capable of. So you clay shooters (of which I'm not one) can have 'em!

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ok. On the set I described above these are the point of balance.
Lefever on top
LC Smith on the bottom
Note the change in the balance point as related to the forends.

Great-Great Grandson of D.M. Lefever
www.lefevercollectors.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Fin2Feather
Plus, trying to get those 30 or 32" barrels out of a pickup in a hurry without wrapping the barrels around the door frame is more than I'm capable of.

Fin come out and say it. They are really hard to get them out the window when your shooting those western Kansas roosters from the pickup truck.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
Ken are you shooting Trap, Skeet, 5-Stand or Sporting Clays with these guns??

Yes....very little trap, a lot of SC and Skeet all low gun.

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: TwiceBarrel
Originally Posted By: Fin2Feather
Plus, trying to get those 30 or 32" barrels out of a pickup in a hurry without wrapping the barrels around the door frame is more than I'm capable of.

Fin come out and say it. They are really hard to get them out the window when your shooting those western Kansas roosters from the pickup truck.

Nah; when I do that I usually just ride in the bed and shoot over the cab.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for the photo, Dr. Bob. Clearly the LC has a farther forward CG. That will put more of the weight in the front hand, which most people interpert as barrel heavy/weight forward/etc. The closer one hand is to the CG than the other hand, the higher the % of the guns total weight it will support. So, you can see that balance loction, along with individual front hand location, determines the weight distribution into the two hands. Most people will judge a gun as heavier than it really is if the weight distribution into the hands is not to their liking. On the other hand (pun intended), they will judge a gun as lighter than it really is when the weight distribution is to their liking. There is no such thing as "perfect balance" any more than there is "perfect LOP."

DDA

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.